Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

Still waiting to hear if IOM are following UK in giving second vaccinations after 8 weeks for over 50s 

Not sure it’s needed or practical.

Have we got enough doses to do the acceleration?

Theres 40,000 people already got their second dates who will have to be contacted and changed. Sounds like a waste of resources.

they’d have to do the existing 16,000-20,000 due in the next 3-4 weeks and accelerate the 10,000 due in weeks 4-8, to fully accelerate the 10,000-15,000 due in weeks 8-12.

Over 50’s and vulnerable are due to have second doses in next 3 weeks anyway. All over 70’s and clinically vulnerable should get second doses within next 7-10 day anyway

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Not sure it’s needed or practical.

Have we got enough doses to do the acceleration?

Theres 40,000 people already got their second dates who will have to be contacted and changed. Sounds like a waste of resources.

they’d have to do the existing 16,000-20,000 due in the next 3-4 weeks and accelerate the 10,000 due in weeks 4-8, to fully accelerate the 10,000-15,000 due in weeks 8-12.

Well the logistics for the UK must be bigger with millions involved, some update needed from Ashie though.

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well the logistics for the UK must be bigger with millions involved, some update needed from Ashie though.

They’ve more resources and they aren’t as far on as we are with seconds. We are almost there. As i point out the over 50’s will be second dosed in May and possibly first week June anyway

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

They’ve more resources and they aren’t as far on as we are with seconds. We are almost there. As i point out the over 50’s will be second dosed in May and possibly first week June anyway

Well I’m 60 and not due until 19/06 so I don’t think over 50s will be done that quickly 

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well I’m 60 and not due until 19/06 so I don’t think over 50s will be done that quickly 

Was your first dose delayed? 

We don’t have enough vaccine in hand to cover the appointments for the next two weeks for the second doses for 70+, 65+ and clinically extremely vulnerable. We’ve done everyone 20+ first dose who wanted. UK are still in the 30’s & 40’s. 

UK are accelerating 50+ by slowing delivery of dose 1 to 20+. We haven’t got that ability. They’re robbing Pete to pay Paul. In IOM Pete has already spent his dose and can’t be robbed. 

Now do you understand?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I'm 59. Second dose not until 20th june:sweat:

Registered within 2mins of letter hitting the doormat and took first booking available. We are not quite as far on as you think. End of June for all o50's not May. I suspect that's why end June is looking like open the 'boarders' date.

I'd take my second jab tomorrow if I could.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Was your first dose delayed? 

We don’t have enough vaccine in hand to cover the appointments for the next two weeks for the second doses for 70+, 65+ and clinically extremely vulnerable. We’ve done everyone 20+ first dose who wanted. UK are still in the 30’s & 40’s. 

UK are accelerating 50+ by slowing delivery of dose 1 to 20+. We haven’t got that ability. They’re robbing Pete to pay Paul. In IOM Pete has already spent his dose and can’t be robbed. 

Now do you understand?

No delay, registered online as soon as opened and got call back 60 minutes later. You may have had your second dose but many haven’t with delay in starting not helping position.

As I say Ashford needs to provide update 

Just now, Out of the blue said:

End of June is the current trajectory for the 50 plus

They’ve got to do 45,000 second doses over the next 11 weeks. They’ve done most 70+ and most clinically extremely vulnerable.

There were issues with the notification and invitation system initially with GP’s missing people off the notification list. That happened to me. I had to chase and as a result of the delay I missed out on second dose within 3-4 weeks. Assuming each decade cohort is same number approx.  it’s 2 weeks each for 60+, 50+, 40+, 30+ and 20+.

Clearly there will be outliers. They’re doing the 65+ and any late first takers in 70+ and clinically extremely vulnerable now.