Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

14 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Shame we didn't just start as soon as the jabs arrived on island really.  Stitch in time and all that shizzle.

Just now, John Wright said:

And we wouldn’t have been any further ahead. The limit is supply.

Whilst the stupid delay at Christmas was an embarrassment, I do agree with John that its insignificant now and cannot be blamed for our current progress

However it doesn't excuse similar tardiness now, when we do have stock to pull two weeks back

10 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

However it doesn't excuse similar tardiness now, when we do have stock to pull two weeks back

And we have people with appointments to receive every dose we hold. It’s really not worth the cost and time to change them all, add others, and risk running out.

Weve 12,000 doses and 7,000 due to be vaccinated over the next 7 days, and 7,000 in the following week.

Who are you going to accelerate? How?

9 minutes ago, John Wright said:

And we have people with appointments to receive every dose we hold. It’s really not worth the cost and time to change them all, add others, and risk running out.

Weve 12,000 doses and 7,000 due to be vaccinated over the next 7 days, and 7,000 in the following week.

Its a well known fact that the vulnerable take priority. The JVCI in England have recommended that, with the lowering of restrictions, they should be prioritised. That's how I am seeing it. We are proposing to remove all restrictions at the end of June with a good proportion of our vulnerable not protected. Plans can change.

Unless you reckon you have a better knowledge on immunisation priority than the JCVI:D

12 minutes ago, John Wright said:

How come Jersey can do it so easily then , they are accelerating second dose in line with JCVI recommendation & still on target to complete all eligible population by end of August ie 1 month ahead of us. They must be getting same allocation as us per head 

Just now, Happier diner said:

Its a well known fact that the vulnerable take priority. The JVCI in England have recommended that, with the lowering of restrictions, they should be prioritised. That's how I am seeing it. We are proposing to remove all restrictions at the end of June with a good proportion of our vulnerable not protected. Plans can change.

Unless you reckon you have a better knowledge on immunisation priority than the JCVI:D

No, but their advice is UK specific, both as to pandemic and progress of vaccination. All vulnerable who wanted to take up have had first jabs. We are well on the way to delivering the second. We are ahead of UK. So I’m not sure what you’re actually suggesting.

1 minute ago, Banker said:

How come Jersey can do it so easily then , they are accelerating second dose in line with JCVI recommendation & still on target to complete all eligible population by end of August ie 1 month ahead of us. They must be getting same allocation as us per head 

Really not interested in your Jersey obsession. I’ve set out where we are, how many are booked, how many doses we have in hand. How would you accelerate, practically?

Just now, John Wright said:

Really not interested in your Jersey obsession. I’ve set out where we are, how many are booked, how many doses we have in hand. How would you accelerate, practically?

So you have no answer, suggest Ashie rings Jersey to ask how it’s being done as the islands all have regular discussion 

https://www.channel103.com/news/jersey/quicker-second-vaccine-doses-to-highest-risk-islanders/

8 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You would stop jabbing 20 year olds for a start

Come on John, Its not rocket science

Edited by Happier diner

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

So you have no answer, suggest Ashie rings Jersey to ask how it’s being done as the islands all have regular discussion 

https://www.channel103.com/news/jersey/quicker-second-vaccine-doses-to-highest-risk-islanders/

No, its you who has no answer. Manx elderly and extremely vulnerable and 60+ and 50+ are being given 2nd jabs over next few weeks. What do you want to change and how against the constraint of supply?

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

No, its you who has no answer. Manx elderly and extremely vulnerable and 60+ and 50+ are being given 2nd jabs over next few weeks. What do you want to change and how against the constraint of supply?

Well Jersey obviously have the answer!! Doing the second quicker & jabbing all eligible population 6 weeks before Iom schedule so it’s obvious it can be done.

Your & Ashford obsession with not seeing how others do it better is stupid 

Edited by Banker

We’ve done substantially more 1st vaccinations per head of population than Jersey.

In total we’ve done about the same number per head of 1st and 2nds.

The difference is their interval for 4 months has been 4-12 weeks, so more 2nds have been done. We stuck to 12 once adopted

F289A978-65B1-4A88-A3FC-9DEB39F9949F.jpeg

C7C48957-699D-4093-AE53-55D6CACC814A.jpeg

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, John Wright said:

But we aren’t doing that. There’s the rocket science for you!

Well I have a 22year old and a 26 year old both have had letters inviting them to book an appointment but I think they have missed the slot.

Which age group are we doing. If it 100% O50's then I will concur but if its O40's first jab then that is wrong.

I thought that once below 50, everyone (O18) was in the same category.

I have prepared this indicative sketch as to why it is critical that O50s are fully protected. We seem to be exposing them to risk just as the first jab fades.

The sketch is not to scale and indicates how the immunologists see it working. I couldn't find the actual chart I saw on BBC so I am drawing from memory

image.png.deca6d9edbcc0bb075926d4ca2e0e972.png

image.png

• Like 1