Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

32 minutes ago, John Wright said:

We’ve done substantially more 1st vaccinations per head of population than Jersey.

In total we’ve done about the same number per head of 1st and 2nds.

The difference is their interval for 4 months has been 4-12 weeks, so more 2nds have been done. We stuck to 12 once adopted

F289A978-65B1-4A88-A3FC-9DEB39F9949F.jpeg

C7C48957-699D-4093-AE53-55D6CACC814A.jpeg

Ok but Jersey will be finished all eligible much quicker so we’ll just agree to disagree on correct process but Jersey are obviously able to flex quickly.

Also Ashford assertion that all over 50s will be jabbed by end of June is crap as I know some aged 50 who are due 8/9 July and yes they register on time 

Edited by Banker
Typo on age
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Ok but Jersey will be finished all eligible much quicker so we’ll just agree to disagree on correct process but Jersey are obviously able to flex quickly.

Also Ashford assertion that all over 50s will be jabbed by end of June is crap as I know some aged 59 who are due 8/9 July and yes they register on time 

My point exactly:hug:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Well I have a 22year old and a 26 year old both have had letters inviting them to book an appointment but I think they have missed the slot.

Which age group are we doing. If it 100% O50's then I will concur but if its O40's first jab then that is wrong.

I thought that once below 50, everyone (O18) was in the same category.

I have prepared this indicative sketch as to why it is critical that O50s are fully protected. We seem to be exposing them to risk just as the first jab fades.

The sketch is not to scale and indicates how the immunologists see it working. I couldn't find the actual chart I saw on BBC so I am drawing from memory

image.png.deca6d9edbcc0bb075926d4ca2e0e972.png

image.png

we aren't doing any 1st jabs at the moment

5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

we aren't doing any 1st jabs at the moment

Now I am confused. Ashford said they could shorten the 12 weeks to 10weeks. He said this clearly on the briefing. He then said we wouldn't be doing it as it wasn't worth it for just 2 weeks. If we are not jabbing 1st jabs at all and there is no vaccine in reserve then how does this add up. Guess I would need to ask him:lol:

If its correct then I will apologise for challenging your view.

4 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Now I am confused. Ashford said they could shorten the 12 weeks to 10weeks. He said this clearly on the briefing. He then said we wouldn't be doing it as it wasn't worth it for just 2 weeks. If we are not jabbing 1st jabs at all and there is no vaccine in reserve then how does this add up. Guess I would need to ask him:lol:

If its correct then I will apologise for challenging your view.

The last first jab invites went out around 3rd May and there have been several public announcements to say no one could phone or go online and book a first jab after 10 May. There are a few, very few, who booked in run up to 10 May who have jabs in next few days, but its 2nd jabs only for next 10 weeks. So shortening from 12 to 10 will have little effect.  

Apology accepted.

33 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Yes I accept that. But as @John Wright correctly states, there is a limited number to go around. So you have a choice who you give it to and when

There may well be people in the priority groups who for whatever reason might have chosen to wait, they should still be able to get one. 

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The last first jab invites went out around 3rd May and there have been several public announcements to say no one could phone or go online and book a first jab after 10 May. There are a few, very few, who booked in run up to 10 May who have jabs in next few days, but its 2nd jabs only for next 10 weeks. So shortening from 12 to 10 will have little effect.  

Apology accepted.

I wish I had waited for @Roger Mexico 's assessment before I apologised:D

He is good with this data too

On 5/17/2021 at 11:53 AM, Andy Onchan said:

This is what I'm getting on the NHS app. My second jab is 30th May.

Screenshot_20210517-115132.png

Anyone got it fully working yet with vaccinations showing & ready to use as health passport?

Surprised the requirements for vaccinations certification wasn’t raised in yesterday’s briefing 

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

Anyone got it fully working yet with vaccinations showing & ready to use as health passport?

Yes. Took a few minutes. I think it is practice dependent though. 

ETA - having said that, probably no. The app has been updated and if I click on the link it says it can’t find a record. Still in the immunizations section of the GP records though. 

Edited by wrighty

3 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Now I am confused. Ashford said they could shorten the 12 weeks to 10weeks. He said this clearly on the briefing. He then said we wouldn't be doing it as it wasn't worth it for just 2 weeks. If we are not jabbing 1st jabs at all and there is no vaccine in reserve then how does this add up.

The reason they could shorten it to 10 weeks is that they initially had lengthened the gap to this before going to 12 weeks on the basis that we should blindly follow England whatever.  So the people being vaccinated at the moment and for the rest of May are actually having their second dose 10 weeks after the first.  Because they then opened the gap to 12 weeks there are only 10 people booked in for their second (or any) jab in the first two weeks of June.

So they could theoretically close that gap by moving everyone back two weeks, providing they are certain of supply.  But that would be a massive load of admin (there are over 32,000 jabs booked in the period) and they can't even change automatically because so many people may have scheduled around the existing date. 

And of course supply can't be absolutely guaranteed so those two weeks act as a sort of buffer.  If there is a really good supply they could then use it to do more first shots otherwise stocks could be built up for those 32,000.  There will be minimal benefit in terms of increased protection in reducing to 10 weeks, so it's not worth the risk or the extra effort. 

In my opinion they should have stuck at 10 weeks (and never gone over 6 for Pfizer) but these are the inevitable consequences of decisions that were made so as to increase the number of first jabs whatever and given that the people complaining that the gap isn't being reduced tended to be the ones who demanded more first jabs back then, they should learn to live with the consequences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

Yes. Took a few minutes. I think it is practice dependent though. 

ETA - having said that, probably no. The app has been updated and if I click on the link it says it can’t find a record. Still in the immunizations section of the GP records though. 

Needs sorting for IOM residents as will be required for anyone wanting to travel & potentially attending big sporting/music events in UK.

Apparently if it’s working properly it should generate a QR code to use.

• Like 1

I can see the point for travel, to a degree. But for big sporting / music events, I don't see the point. At the moment, in the uk 70% of adults have had first jab. 39% of adults have had both. By the time any massive events are allowed, I would expect that to be 80% & 60%. That should be approaching herd immunity. 

Also, why does the fact that you have been vaccinated need to be so formal? If you have been vaccinated, you are not going to lie about it. If you have not, a minority may lie, but if the vast majority are vaccinated, who cares?