Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

13 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

They do.  We seem to have got extra this week as well and stocks are higher, even though there have been more done this week than last.  It may be that they've released more in England for areas with high rates of the Indian variant and we've got pro-rata or simply that there was an expected increase in supply anyway.

Oddly enough there seem to have been no vaccinations done today.

So it sounds like they could accelerate second jabs if they wanted to but don’t want all the hassle of redoing appointments for probably the 50-65 age groups 

15 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I know the GP’s didn’t send the vaccination invites out. But they did provide the DHSC with the group by group lists of who to invite. As I indicated in the post you’ve quoted, I got a shield letter from my GP, and previously on here at the time, in March 2022, I posted that I contacted my GP practice ( 111 wouldn’t let me register without the GP referral to them ) and they accepted they’d overlooked me. 

Fortunately online registration came in two days later. I registered on line on the basis I was CEV because I had the shield letters telling me so.

I then got 4 invitations to register (as CEV) letters in the 10 days after. Including at least 1 after my first jab.

download (17).jpeg

13 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

They do.  We seem to have got extra this week as well and stocks are higher, even though there have been more done this week than last.  It may be that they've released more in England for areas with high rates of the Indian variant and we've got pro-rata or simply that there was an expected increase in supply anyway.

Pop-up vaccination centres in London, The Midlands and The North West this weekend to try and prevent the spread of the Indian Variant which has clearly got them very concerned.

14 hours ago, Banker said:

So it sounds like they could accelerate second jabs if they wanted to but don’t want all the hassle of redoing appointments for probably the 50-65 age groups 

To be fair, I think what they want to avoid is the situation where they have people booked in but no vaccines to give them.  Not least because by stretching the gap to 12 weeks there's no extra time to play with.  The dashboard is currently showing around 13,000 doses, though 2000 of those have already been used and there are 8,000 scheduled in the next 7 days.  So if there is an interruption in supply there's not much to play with. 

Obviously it's more complicated than that because for second jabs they need adequate stocks of both vaccines to match those people were given 10/12 weeks before.  But because they used up a lot of stock when they gave the first jabs, they need an equal amount now.

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Seems to have got you very concerned. Reminder - the vaccines are very effective against all known variants.

Apparently all the pop-up centres in the UK operating this weekend are going to vaccinate anyone over 18 who turns up. I've been told the youngsters are getting the Pfizer vaccine. Which probably explains the squeeze on supply.

Can't fault the logic. The fewer folks who catch the virus the fewer there will be ending up in hospital. Trying to damp down this variant that can spread so quickly makes perfect sense.

6 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

To be fair, I think what they want to avoid is the situation where they have people booked in but no vaccines to give them.  Not least because by stretching the gap to 12 weeks there's no extra time to play with.  The dashboard is currently showing around 13,000 doses, though 2000 of those have already been used and there are 8,000 scheduled in the next 7 days.  So if there is an interruption in supply there's not much to play with. 

Obviously it's more complicated than that because for second jabs they need adequate stocks of both vaccines to match those people were given 10/12 weeks before.  But because they used up a lot of stock when they gave the first jabs, they need an equal amount now.

I see what you are saying but do you think there is a real threat of supply drying up. I thought we were past that now. 

Anyone heard anything about the moderna?

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I see what you are saying but do you think there is a real threat of supply drying up. I thought we were past that now. 

Anyone heard anything about the moderna?

Ashie said a few months ago we would get some moderna but that the last we heard, if Jersey who will get exactly the same prorata amounts as us can accelerate & redo appointments with a 50% bigger population we should be able to do the same.

Incidentally Jersey are also issuing vaccine passports to population, paper form at first and digital to come.

23 minutes ago, Banker said:

Ashie said a few months ago we would get some moderna but that the last we heard, if Jersey who will get exactly the same prorata amounts as us can accelerate & redo appointments with a 50% bigger population we should be able to do the same.

Incidentally Jersey are also issuing vaccine passports to population, paper form at first and digital to come.

@banker, this is where you fall down, consistently. You make up “facts”.

1. population IOM is 85,000 and that of Jersey is 108,000. So jersey has approx 25% more population, not 50%. You exaggerated by 100%.

2. we’ve already been told that negotiations are underway for IOM vaccination passports to be on the NHS App. They already appear on the vaccination record there. But not yet on the Covid Vaccination Digital passport/certificate page.  I had my second jab today. I’m sure it’ll appear on Monday. The one on 13 March took 48 hours. I’ll contact my GP for a paper certificate next week, as well. I’ve scanned and saved the proof of vaccination cards ( in colour ) and I’ll laminate the originals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

@banker, this is where you fall down, consistently. You make up “facts”.

1. population IOM is 85,000 and that of Jersey is 108,000. So jersey has approx 25% more population, not 50%. You exaggerated by 100%.

2. we’ve already been told that negotiations are underway for IOM vaccination passports to be on the NHS App. They already appear on the vaccination record there. But not yet on the Covid Vaccination Digital passport/certificate page.  I had my second jab today. I’m sure it’ll appear on Monday. The one on 13 March took 48 hours. I’ll contact my GP for a paper certificate next week, as well. I’ve scanned and saved the proof of vaccination cards ( in colour ) and I’ll laminate the originals.

Sorry quoted wrong information, but the fact remains if Jersey can do it with larger population why can’t we?

4 hours ago, Banker said:

All the government has to do is use every form of media to tell people that the appointment system is defunct, and that anyone over 70 who has not had vax 2 should go this week. Next week, 65. Week after 60. Etc. It is so fucking simple. 

As for vax passports, I will be getting physical hard copies. A laminated card, perhaps. I already know of someone who has had internet difficulties on entering Portugal, causing issues at immigration. 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 8:20 PM, Roger Mexico said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57214596

I’ve a cousin who lives in Hampshire. He had his second shot yesterday. He’s 57. The lady who administered the vaccine told him they had been given extra doses because the Indian variant was in their area. I was told by a nurse at Nobles that one of the active cases here is the Indian variant also. Perhaps that’s why we’ve been given additional doses. then again, perhaps not. Who knows ! 

Edited by cheesypeas