Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

3 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Well rather than accelerating second doses it would seem they are taking a fortnight off

https://twitter.com/IOMGovernment/status/1397199060063465480?s=20

Wtf???

Dismantling the airport hub and shifting people to Chester Street possibly?

You really could t make this up.  Almost certain to have cases back in the community in next few weeks and rather than ramping up they are going to leave 27,000 doses in storage for 2 weeks while also presumably getting more deliveries, and not administer any.

Are they re allocating all the staff to the census or something?

Government need a new tagline......

7 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Well rather than accelerating second doses it would seem they are taking a fortnight off

1 minute ago, trmpton said:

Wtf???

You really could t make this up.  Almost certain to have cases back in the community in next few weeks and rather than ramping up they are going to leave 27,000 doses in storage for 2 weeks while also presumably getting more deliveries, and not administer any.

Are they re allocating all the staff to the census or something?

Government need a new tagline......

They are taking the piss. Even I’m annoyed. I can guess the reason. This is because this is the 10 week anniversary of the move from 10 to 12, so they haven’t got anyone booked in. Time to deliver more 1st doses.

This is negligence of the highest order.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Heard it all now....

The Rochdale pop-ups delivered 5,000+ jabs to anyone over 18 who turned up last weekend.

For the first dose jabs in arms is all that matters.

However it could be that as the first jab only gives 33% efficacy against the Indian Variant but two are fully effective you will want your most vulnerable folks given their second vaccination at the ten week point.

ETA: it was the only reason I could think of as to why you wouldn't press on until you ran out...

Edited by P.K.

3 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Heard it all now....

The Rochdale pop-ups delivered 5,000+ jabs to anyone over 18 who turned up last weekend.

For the first dose jabs in arms is all that matters.

However it could be that as the first jab only gives 33% efficacy against the Indian Variant but two are fully effective you will want your most vulnerable folks given their second vaccination at the ten week point.

ETA: it was the only reason I could think of as to why you wouldn't press on until you ran out...

Like John Wright says, its negligent.

No sign of any media briefings?

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

Like John Wright says, its negligent.

No sign of any media briefings?

It really is.

There needs to be some real pressure applied by the media on this one.

There are a number of things that some people have thought were awful but lots of others just seemed to shrug their shoulders and think were OK.

I can't believe anyone on island can actually think this is acceptable?

If anything they should be open longer and letting people use those doses in stock.  Not stopping for two weeks!!!!

I am just shy of 8 weeks off first dose and would have no issue rocking up there this week or next rather than waiting until July (if I wasn't going off island that is)

There must be loads of people the same.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

34 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Wtf???

Of course if you read the "Vaccines who will have it?" thread on Manx Forums, you would have seen that this was pointed out a week ago.  Though I hadn't expected there would be such a boost in vaccine supply since (but will it be continued?).

And even I hadn't expected they would be so stupid as to advertise the fact.

34 minutes ago, trmpton said:

It really is.

There needs to be some real pressure applied by the media on this one.

There are a number of things that some people have thought were awful but lots of others just seemed to shrug their shoulders and think were OK.

I can't believe anyone on island can actually think this is acceptable?

If anything they should be open longer and letting people use those doses in stock.  Not stopping for two weeks!!!!

I am just shy of 8 weeks off first dose and would have no issue rocking up there this week or next rather than waiting until July (if I wasn't going off island that is)

There must be loads of people the same.

I cant underestimate how angry I am. I hope there is a backlash. It's totally irresponsible. Strong evidence that immunity wears off after just one jab so hey let's ignore it.

It beggars belief and could end up in legal action if someone dies as a result. Just when you think they might be wanting some good news, this!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I cant underestimate how angry I am. I hope there is a backlash. It's totally irresponsible. Strong evidence that immunity wears off after just one jab so hey let's ignore it.

It beggars belief and could end up in legal action if someone dies as a result. Just when you think they might be wanting some good news, this!

They are incapable of flexing to a changing situation.

Everytime the science, data and sensible thing to do changes they are weeks behind everywhere else?

They were right to extend the second dose intervals and made great progress, although they were late doing it given the situation and evidence at the time.

Now they are rigidly sticking to the extended gap even if it means zero progress for two weeks at a time when they have (rightly) made a decision to increase the risk of COVID returning.  At a time when all the evidence is that second jabs should be out ASAP and when other places are adapting to the changing situation.

What possible harm is there in just moving everyone who can forward two weeks, and so using the same interval they were using previously now that the extension has served its purpose and got everyone one dose?

Of course in order to do so efficiently would depend on the system they used to book appointments in the first place being scalable and adaptable.  Oh, wait.

A 'Moderna consent form' has silently appeared on the Government website today. Wonder when they're planning to start using that one too.

The two week gap is dreadful. I can see why it's happened though as the gap between doses went from 10 weeks to 12 weeks. What they should be doing is bringing all appointments forwards by the 2 weeks so there's wouldn't be this massive gap. There's 26 thousand doses in stock ffs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

A 'Moderna consent form' has silently appeared on the Government website today. Wonder when they're planning to start using that one too.

The two week gap is dreadful. I can see why it's happened though as the gap between doses went from 10 weeks to 12 weeks. What they should be doing is bringing all appointments forwards by the 2 weeks so there's wouldn't be this massive gap. There's 26 thousand doses in stock ffs.

Probably have about 40k in stock by the time they restart.

Probably use the low numbers of 50-60 years old vaccinated to not move to next step of borders opening 

Just now, Banker said:

Very surprised the media haven’t picked this story up , too busy with guys & dolls!!

I'm going to get a twitter account as it seems a way of actual expressing displeasure. The tweets of displeasure are growing I see and not a single one of support