Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

48 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Vaccinations now due to start Jan 4th according to the ITV guy on twitter. Cue people kicking off. 

Yes it’s reported here https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/no-covid-vaccines-until-new-year/

FFS delayed to read some paperwork and what will he do if it’s wrong delay it by another month, we’re already behind schedule 

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Vaccinations now due to start Jan 4th according to the ITV guy on twitter. Cue people kicking off. 

You can’t blame people kicking off. 

A fcuking fiasco, yet again we can’t run a piss up at the brewery. If the AG’ chambers find something they don’t like with the paperwork they are examining what next? Sounding like arse covering and Government hand wringing to me - something which David Ashford is experienced in. 

2022 will be another wasted year, held to ransom by the pitchfork idiots, and the political elite. 

• Like 3

Just now, 2112 said:

A fcuking fiasco, yet again we can’t run a piss up at the brewery. If the AG’ chambers find something they don’t like with the paperwork they are examining what next? Sounding like arse covering and Government hand wringing to me - something which David Ashford is experienced in. 

2022 will be another wasted year, held to ransom by the pitchfork idiots, and the political elite. 

Judging by how DHSC tried to stitch @rachomics up for liability like they did, I can only assume AGs main issue here too is around the Gov being liable for administering them is issues come up down the line.

1 minute ago, 2112 said:

Hey, steady on. It's not like there's an emergency or anything and we need to get the Christmas holidays out of the way!

Unfortunately I can see holes in our returning residents and workers policy, particularly with larger numbers travelling. That vaccine could be the difference between life and death for some!

The limiting factor in getting the vaccine out to the population was supply, not the physical administration of the jabs as far as I recall.

Assuming we've got the storage capacity, provided the deliveries of vaccine to the Island aren't affected by the current paperwork dalliance, then surely we'll be able to catch up in fairly short order.

1 minute ago, madmanxpilot said:

The limiting factor in getting the vaccine out to the population was supply, not the physical administration of the jabs as far as I recall.

Assuming we've got the storage capacity, provided the deliveries of vaccine to the Island aren't affected by the current paperwork dalliance, then surely we'll be able to catch up in fairly short order.

We have the bloody vaccine, it’s being held up by Ashie insisting that AGs lawyers check paper work when everyone else is getting on with it. What’s he going to do ask UK government to change wording for us??

It does seem a little farcical that we are happy for another country to develop the vaccine,  happy for another country to approve its safely and happy for another country to supply us with it, but then insist on conducting our own ass covering exercise for a couple of weeks before giving it to anyone. 

To say nothing of the ethical considerations of being covid free and stock piling scarce vaccine while the lawyers justify their jobs, when people continue to die in their droves elsewhere. 

• Like 2

My money is on us having to sign a liability waiver to be given the jab. 

Never mind that you cannot sign away stuff like that in normal circumstances, its the kind of half assed way we go about things here and with our lock em up recent history there is nothing I would put past our lot.

ETA I don't even know why the AGs office would bother looking at the legality of it, if the contracts they sign off on that are attached to a lot of gov work are anything to go by they don't know what they are doing.

Edited by Boris Johnson

13 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

My money is on us having to sign a liability waiver to be given the jab. 

Never mind that you cannot sign away stuff like that in normal circumstances, its the kind of half assed way we go about things here and with our lock em up recent history there is nothing I would put past our lot.

ETA I don't even know why the AGs office would bother looking at the legality of it, if the contracts they sign off on that are attached to a lot of gov work are anything to go by they don't know what they are doing.

Given there is a statutory waiver of liability in place passed through Tynwald why do you think there’ll be a written liability waiver to be signed, and what does your money say is top trumps? Act of Tynwald or signed waiver?