Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

20 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Rubbish

There is no reason why everyone 18 plus couldn't have had their first and everyone over 50 their second by now.  Best of both, just their planning is awful.

As John said a few posts back and I said yesterday they have been on a go slow for weeks now.

Actually, not rubbish because of the supply issues in April and early May. 

17 minutes ago, Banker said:

Absolutely, been several days where no vaccinations done & now all shut for 2 weeks and not actually starting second jabs until 16/06!!

Meanwhile Jersey who lots slagged off are getting second jabs in at massive rate & hospitality industry will benefit from;

Jet2 is expecting a surge in demand for trips to the Channel Islands after Jersey eased border restrictions this week. 

The airline has expanded its schedule and Jet2holidays has put more holidays on sale. 11 weekly flights will now take off from six UK airports throughout the summer.

"With flights and holidays on sale to Jersey from six of our UK bases this summer, we know there will be very strong demand on the back of this update. We very much look forward to taking customers on their well-deserved holidays to Jersey," said Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays.

Are you sure? The reports about 16/6 are for a special clinic for first doses. There is a second one but I cannot remember when. Besides, the 16th is nearer three weeks away. 

Still no excuse for this asinine decision to pause vaccination for two weeks.

Edited by Cambon

29 minutes ago, Cambon said:

We are now paying the price. Had we stuck to the original plan, all over 50s, etc would have had both jabs by now, and most over 35s would have had their first. 

Simply not possible.  According to the dashboard there are 38,549 people over 50 or clinically extremely vulnerable (I haven't even included the underlying health conditions to avoid double counting).  Two doses is 77,098.  Less than 60,000 vaccinations have been given and there were only 14,000 in stock two days ago.  That's without anyone under 50 having even a single shot.  You can't vaccinate people with doses you've never had.

5 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Simply not possible.  According to the dashboard there are 38,549 people over 50 or clinically extremely vulnerable (I haven't even included the underlying health conditions to avoid double counting).  Two doses is 77,098.  Less than 60,000 vaccinations have been given and there were only 14,000 in stock two days ago.  That's without anyone under 50 having even a single shot.  You can't vaccinate people with doses you've never had.

27 minutes ago, Banker said:

Absolutely, been several days where no vaccinations done & now all shut for 2 weeks and not actually starting second jabs until 16/06!!

Meanwhile Jersey who lots slagged off are getting second jabs in at massive rate & hospitality industry will benefit from;

Jet2 is expecting a surge in demand for trips to the Channel Islands after Jersey eased border restrictions this week. 

The airline has expanded its schedule and Jet2holidays has put more holidays on sale. 11 weekly flights will now take off from six UK airports throughout the summer.

"With flights and holidays on sale to Jersey from six of our UK bases this summer, we know there will be very strong demand on the back of this update. We very much look forward to taking customers on their well-deserved holidays to Jersey," said Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays.

Both of you are wrong. 

@Banker this last week they’ve delivered well over an average of 1000 a day. 1300 will be done today. 

@Roger Mexico they’ve injected 88,400 doses total, not 60,000. It’ll be 90,000 by close Sunday. We’ll still have 10,000 in hand.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Both of you are wrong. 

@Banker this last week they’ve delivered well over an average of 1000 a day. 1300 will be done today. 

@Roger Mexico they’ve injected 88,400 doses total, not 60,000. It’ll be 90,000 by close Sunday. We’ll still have 10,000 in hand.

John , I didn’t say in past week, but 2/3 weeks ago there were several days of zero, posted on here & elsewhere 

here’s the post which you may have commented on

•  

So, Ashy said a few weeks ago that from Monday this week (10/5) second jabs were going to be ramped up. Looking at the dashboard, they did around 750 on Monday (nearly all first jabs), 550 on Tuesday (nearly all first jabs) none on Wednesday, none on Thursday and none today.

Does anyone know why they have stopped thevaccination program? 

Edited by Banker

21 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Are you sure? The reports about 16/6 are for a special clinic for first doses. There is a second one but I cannot remember when. Besides, the 16th is nearer three weeks away. 

Still no excuse for this asinine decision to pause vaccination for two weeks.

Definitely, quote from Ashford below, doing first doses specials 14/15 June so nearly 3 weeks before second doses recommence 

‘Overall, well over 25,000 second doses have now been given, as confidence and take-up of the vaccines continues to be extremely positive. After this week, the next set of second doses are scheduled to start on 16 June in line with booked appointments and supplies of vaccine.

17 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Both of you are wrong. 

And in that 3 weeks we would expect to get a few more 000 delivered I guess

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

This is exactly what I have been saying from the start, although people such as Banker consistently ridiculed me and told me I was wrong. 

We are now paying the price. Had we stuck to the original plan, all over 50s, etc would have had both jabs by now, and most over 35s would have had their first. More importantly, we could fully open the borders. 

Well . Being able to read the future is a wonderful thing. Remember though that for the Isle of man the change to the 12 weeks was nothing to do with the UK situation or the need to get 1 jabs in quickly. It was more to do with the JCVI advice that 12 weeks would give a better long term protection. 

What confuses me though is when the good old JVCI changed its advice, this time we didn't bother changing (although Jersey and Guernsey did). In Ashford's words "It would be too difficult" If we had changed to 8 weeks we would have had the best of both worlds. Better protection in the long term combined with all O50's pretty much done and the same number of O35's with one jab.

Edited by Happier diner

4 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

What confuses me though is when the good old JVCI changed its advice, this time we didn't bother changing (although Jersey and Guernsey did). In Ashford's words "It would be too difficult" If we had changed to 8 weeks we would have had the best of both worlds. Better protection in the long term combined with all O50's pretty much done and the same number of O35's with one jab.

Because by the time the JCVI changed their advice on 14 May, 17,800 people under 50 (and 8359 under 35) had already had their first dose.  You can't take it out of people's arms and give it to someone else.

It all depends on predicted supply and the danger is that it will be low and there won't the doses to give people their second in the 12 weeks.  Remember they held back on giving as many doses as they could in the first weeks of May so they had enough for the last couple of weeks.

14 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

can't take it out of people's arms and give it to someone else.

Ha Ha. That's true. I still think you'll find we could have still done pretty much all the O50s before end June though with that strategy 

15 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It all depends on predicted supply and the danger is that it will be low and there won't the doses to give people their second in the 12 weeks.  Remember they held back on giving as many doses as they could in the first weeks of May so they had enough for the last couple of weeks

Where does this danger come from and

You wouldn't have needed the saved doses for their second one in 12 weeks because you would have already done them at 8 weeks. :wacko:

4 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Well . Being able to read the future is a wonderful thing. Remember though that for the Isle of man the change to the 12 weeks was nothing to do with the UK situation or the need to get 1 jabs in quickly. It was more to do with the JCVI advice that 12 weeks would give a better long term protection. 

It is quite simple. This vaccination needed to be delivered at the fastest possible rate, to the most vulnerable people. Governments lost focus of that. The point being, in six months time, you will be dealing with a mutated virus. Indian, Brazilian and S.A. Vaccines are being worked on now for boosters later in the year. The way it is going, we will still be vaccinating against last year's virus later this year, whilst trying to top up the vulnerable and elderly with the new concoction. 

3 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Ha Ha. That's true. I still think you'll find we could have still done pretty much all the O50s before end June though with that strategy 

That will still happen.  Of the 10,453 50-64 year olds who have received their first dose, 9153 did so before or on 7 April.  That means they will get the second dose on or before 30 June.

4 hours ago, Happier diner said:

You wouldn't have needed the saved doses for their second one in 12 weeks because you would have already done them at 8 weeks. :wacko:

But they haven't 'saved' the doses for those people as they stupidly did at the start.  Instead they are keeping a buffer stock.  From mid-June for six weeks they are due to vaccinate with second doses around 5000 people a week, with 15,000 just in June.  Effectively they've got less than two weeks buffer. 

So the danger is that a lower level of supply and then a complete stop for a week could leave them without any in late June of July if they move everyone forward  They also have to take into account the balance between the different vaccines and the need to vaccinate vulnerable people who haven't been booked in. And the administrative burden of re-scheduling 32,000 appointments.

It may be that good supply at a decent level is assured and they're panicking or being lazy.  But we can't really tell with the info we have.  But the real decision was made back in March/April when they decided to ramp up the first vaccinations and widen the gap.

• Haha 1

It’s much easier to get a vaccine in England ( whenever you want good sir ) as opposed to here ( when it suits us you tosser ). And that’s true not anecdotal. It’s like they are doing you a big favour here as opposed to a right and and a good thing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1