Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

Visited some friends last night (Southern England) and we got onto vaccines and the fact that my second jab isn't until July and that we are paused at home for two weeks.

"Stuff that, just drive up the road (about 30 miles) to the vaccine place tomorrow and they will jab you while you are there"

I won't, because we can't fit it in.  But does put into perspective how ridiculous the rigidity of our system is.

I was only person in the room not double jabbed.  9 of us aged 36 to 67.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The slimy wretch says it would be 'absolute chaos' to actually speed up the vaccinations, which makes them not doing it even more weird based on how government usually handles things.

He is confusing chaos with inconvenient and challenging. 

Edited by Happier diner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Visited some friends last night (Southern England) and we got onto vaccines and the fact that my second jab isn't until July and that we are paused at home for two weeks.

"Stuff that, just drive up the road (about 30 miles) to the vaccine place tomorrow and they will jab you while you are there"

I won't, because we can't fit it in.  But does put into perspective how ridiculous the rigidity of our system is.

I was only person in the room not double jabbed.  9 of us aged 36 to 67.

You say it likes it's a big deal or something?

11 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

You say it likes it's a big deal or something?

You think it's OK that we are closed for 2 weeks because our system is so inflexible we can't even move appointments forward yet other places are seeing the Impotance of two jabs and doing everything they can to get them out?

It is actually a bigger deal for us as our borders are being held up and we have less natural immunity.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

He is confusing chaos with inconvenient and challenging. 

Yes comes under the heading of too hard to do/think through.  Quite appalling when UK is pulling all the stops out to get jabs, particularly second jabs, administered as quickly as possible.  The dashboard gives a figure of 10,192 available as of yesterday.  We should start see the 6 day returning visitor test coming through over the coming  few days.  I accept there may be constraint on one or more of the vaccines but any functional Government Department/Minister should be able to provide a continuous programme even if it is reduced.  This is clearly in the 'We can't be bothered, it's more trouble than it's worth' category.  Ah well back to the Census on line form .  Just highlights governments inability to see the whole emerging picture and react accordingly. Quote on BBC this am 'Nervtag scientist Prof Ravi Gupta is urging minister to postpone 21 June by a few weeks to give more time for second vaccination doses to be done.' 

23 minutes ago, trmpton said:

You think it's OK that we are closed for 2 weeks because our system is so inflexible we can't even move appointments forward yet other places are seeing the Impotance of two jabs and doing everything they can to get them out?

It is actually a bigger deal for us as our borders are being held up and we have less natural immunity.

You need to stop obsessing over the borders.  It's been tiresome.

No one is really missing out on a huge amount.  The biggest gripe was about family.  That issue is resolved.

This may have been covered a dozen times before but what is this obsession with what other places are doing?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hmmmm said:

Yes comes under the heading of too hard to do/think through.  Quite appalling when UK is pulling all the stops out to get jabs, particularly second jabs, administered as quickly as possible.  The dashboard gives a figure of 10,192 available as of yesterday.  We should start see the 6 day returning visitor test coming through over the coming  few days.  I accept there may be constraint on one or more of the vaccines but any functional Government Department/Minister should be able to provide a continuous programme even if it is reduced.  This is clearly in the 'We can't be bothered, it's more trouble than it's worth' category.  Ah well back to the Census on line form .  Just highlights governments inability to see the whole emerging picture and react accordingly. Quote on BBC this am 'Nervtag scientist Prof Ravi Gupta is urging minister to postpone 21 June by a few weeks to give more time for second vaccination doses to be done.' 

Wait, you're banging on about the UK " pulling out all the stops" then highlighting in your last sentence that's exactly what they haven't been doing, clearly?

Edited by The Dog's Dangly Bits

1 minute ago, Hmmmm said:

I am referring to the IOMG inability to see the bigger emerging picture.

What bigger emerging picture?

The vaccination programme is well along.  Supply isn't controlled by the island.

Everyone who needs it has at least one dose and many have two.  Of those with a second to go they'll be done within 6 weeks.

There's very little covid around and very little movement of people.   What's the issue?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

No one is really missing out on a huge amount.  The biggest gripe was about family.  That issue is resolved.

This may have been covered a dozen times before but what is this obsession with what other places are doing?

Because unlike our government and you, they are not blind to the significance.

10 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Toy think the only border related issue is family?  Jeez you must live a self absorbed and dull life.

Other places and they way the react are a barometer to what we "could" be doing of those in charge weren't so useless.

You think iomg have behaved in all our best interests through then?  I guess you don't work in a job impacted by the border restrictions?  Well here is news.  Thousands and thousands of others have been severely impacted by their (your?)  incompetence 

3 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Toy think the only border related issue is family?  Jeez you must live a self absorbed and dull life.

Other places and they way the react are a barometer to what we "could" be doing of those in charge weren't so useless.

You think iomg have behaved in all our best interests through then?  I guess you don't work in a job impacted by the border restrictions?  Well here is news.  Thousands and thousands of others have been severely impacted by their (your?)  incompetence 

Lol.  Same old angry stuff.   Don't you get bored of it?  

I want to travel as much as the next person.  For work and pleasure.  But I'm not filling my nappy over it for the sake of a month.

• Haha 2