Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

On 6/1/2021 at 8:43 AM, Banker said:

As with most pronouncements about science and medicine and evidence from Ashford, there's absolutely no backing for this.  What there is might suggest a falling off with the AZ and the only stuff I've seen for Pfizer was only in vitrio and didn't go beyond 12 weeks (as I keep on pointing out longer than 6 weeks was against manufacturer instructions).  But Ashford (like some posters on here) seems to believe that the role of science is to support whatever happens to suit him rather than tell us how things work.

I suspect the people being bumped to 14 weeks are those who were originally booked into the Hubs for vaccination in the two close-down weeks.  The dashboard is still showing 86 of these and presumably more have been rescheduled.  Given the DHSC have known this situation for 10 weeks, clearly this should have been sorted out before anyway, but I can't see why the few hundred or so people couldn't have been done at another venue in this fortnight - they must have some facility to do emergency vaccinations anyway.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

As with most pronouncements about science and medicine and evidence from Ashford, there's absolutely no backing for this.  What there is might suggest a falling off with the AZ and the only stuff I've seen for Pfizer was only in vitrio and didn't go beyond 12 weeks (as I keep on pointing out longer than 6 weeks was against manufacturer instructions).  But Ashford (like some posters on here) seems to believe that the role of science is to support whatever happens to suit him rather than tell us how things work.

I suspect the people being bumped to 14 weeks are those who were originally booked into the Hubs for vaccination in the two close-down weeks.  The dashboard is still showing 86 of these and presumably more have been rescheduled.  Given the DHSC have known this situation for 10 weeks, clearly this should have been sorted out before anyway, but I can't see why the few hundred or so people couldn't have been done at another venue in this fortnight - they must have some facility to do emergency vaccinations anyway.

Nail. Head. Hit

15 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

All Pfizer would say was they couldn't guarantee anything beyond three weeks because none of their test subjects had gone beyond that timeframe without a second jab.

I did read somewhere, whether in vitro or not I couldn't say, that their efficacy started dropping off at week 10.

Ashford's task was to get jabs in arms ASAFP. If supplies are constricted then make the true situation public knowledge and it's fair enough.

If it's not a supply problem then FAIL.

18 minutes ago, trmpton said:

I have absolutely no faith in the figures for stock on the dashboard.  The same dashboard that doesn't show any data for June at all and just stops at the end of May.

I have no faith in so much more than the dashboard. He is panicking now and gone into waffling crap phase as I think the penny has now dropped. Too late.

10 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

We are walking into a disaster without school children testing once the borders are "open"

Mark my words this will not end well once it spreads like wildfire through the kids and their young parents.

We’re not doing any testing unless from amber countries once borders open was my understanding as would be impossible with a tent at grandstand between 9-12 . 

Channel Islands have testing at all points of arrival & open all day

Edited by Banker

2 hours ago, Banker said:

We’re not doing any testing unless from amber countries once borders open was my understanding as would be impossible with a tent at grandstand between 9-12 . 

Channel Islands have testing at all points of arrival & open all day

Surely there will be no testing once the border is open. Free travel from28th June

Better news coming from UK. 75% of all adults with one jab. Boris saying looking good for 21st June. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Surely there will be no testing once the border is open. Free travel from28th June

Better news coming from UK. 75% of all adults with one jab. Boris saying looking good for 21st June. 

Yes, it is interesting. I think it was the beginning of last week, the uk adjusted (quite rightly) the way the daily new cases figure is arrived at, by removing people who who tested positive with a LF test, but negative with PCR test. But today's new cases figure is 4330. It kind of balances out the weekend dip, but is slightly worrying, especially if it is slightly lower than it would have been without the changes, and will affect the 14 day average. 

Edited by Cambon
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Happier diner said:

There may not be testing on the island, that is the big mistake.

The UK is still testing like mad, it cant get out of control or we are up sh1t creek.

Amazon test their staff using their own lab, they know what they are doing, dont we?

ETA Imagine a situation where a Policeman got it and passed it to their shift, what do we do without Police?

Its spread has to be managed, lived with yes but also managed, it IS a lot worse than the flu......

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

There may not be testing on the island, that is the big mistake.

The UK is still testing like mad, it cant get out of control or we are up sh1t creek.

Amazon test their staff using their own lab, they know what they are doing, dont we?

ETA Imagine a situation where a Policeman got it and passed it to their shift, what do we do without Police?

Its spread has to be managed, lived with yes but also managed, it IS a lot worse than the flu......

Personally I don't have a problem with testing but it should be done on arrival like other jurisdictions in similar position to us.

We can't have open borders & have 000s of arrivals having to travel to grandstand between 9-12 it is just impractical.

Lack of forward planning as usual in not putting testing in at ports.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Banker said:

Personally I don't have a problem with testing but it should be done on arrival like other jurisdictions in similar position to us.

We can't have open borders & have 000s of arrivals having to travel to grandstand between 9-12 it is just impractical.

Lack of forward planning as usual in not putting testing in at ports.

It won't happen. What's the point? Except TT, we never have thousands of arrivals. Setting up at the airport would be a waste of time as there are only 4 arrivals a day with hardly any passengers.Setting up at the sea terminal is similar - hardly any passengers.

By the time there are a significant number of arrivals, it will be end of July, Ashy's two week holibob will be over and the vast majority will be double jabbed, schools will be finished (so no mass spread). No need for testing on arrival.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2