Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

22 hours ago, John Wright said:

Testing will still continue.

Internally, for anyone with symptoms or being admitted to hospital.

Externally, for anyone arriving from Amber or red destinations.

That will be same UK and IOM ( although our date is a week later )

We are not testing school children, the UK are for good reason, that is where the problems will start and can spread rapidly.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

We are not testing school children, the UK are for good reason, that is where the problems will start and can spread rapidly.

That sounds attractive and almost logical. But is it?

The IOM experience and position through the epidemic has been different to UK. We’ve been Covid in the community free for 11 out of the last 16 months. The UK hasn’t.

There have been border, isolation, or border, isolation, and testing controls here for 17 months.

The latest version of those controls extends to end June. Term ends in July and there’s a vacation until September. So school children won’t be mixing in same close proximity and large numbers. By September all adults wanting vaccination will have been vaccinated, here and UK. And pfizer is now approved for ages 12-19.

Testing for school children in a time of high incidence and low vaccination made sense for UK, as school is an identified vector of transmission between households, but there isn’t the same case here.

Fortunately children don’t seem to exhibit severe symptoms or require hospitalisation like adults.

Then there’s the efficacy of the tests, low, and the disruptive results as false positives and families and close contacts go into isolation pending PCR confirmation.

Different procedures for different local situations and requirements.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

I was not aware there was a vax for kids, that changes things but until they are come September we will be open to a spread by the children.

You overlook the fact that all adults who want will have been double vaccinated by then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Where does your 32000 come from. I make it 10,000 to close out all those o50 and upwards. A good number of those are booked before the end of June anyway. So that just leaves the people in that category that are booked in July. If that were done it would align us (albeit belatedly) with UK and CIs and allow common travel area with some degree of confidence. 

I'm not really sure what you are getting at here.  If you only bring the appointments for the last two weeks of June forward a fortnight then you just create another two week gap then and so on.  

Just now, John Wright said:

You overlook the fact that all adults who want will have been double vaccinated by then.

I'm not John but lots of people who are double jabbed with compromised immune systems and lung conditions in particular will still be at risk plus the not 100% effective. 

I know we have to live with it but all I am saying is for the sake of testing kids until they are vaxed it could save loss of life here.

4 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

I'm not John but lots of people who are double jabbed with compromised immune systems and lung conditions in particular will still be at risk plus the not 100% effective. 

I know we have to live with it but all I am saying is for the sake of testing kids until they are vaxed it could save loss of life here.

They don’t routinely test children in U.K. & even on return from Amber countries children under 11 don’t need to show a negative test for entry back to U.K..

People need to shield if they have concerns & not restrict the majority because they have concerns.

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

They don’t routinely test children in U.K. & even on return from Amber countries children under 11 don’t need to show a negative test for entry back to U.K..

People need to shield if they have concerns & not restrict the majority because they have concerns.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/what-parents-and-carers-need-to-know-about-early-years-providers-schools-and-colleges-during-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/what-parents-need-to-know-about-early-years-providers-schools-and-colleges-during-covid-19

Long way down the page it says that secondary school kids should be tested twice a week

12 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Yes. In the context and circumstances of the progress and spread of the UK Covid epidemic. Ours is different.

22 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I'm not really sure what you are getting at here.  If you only bring the appointments for the last two weeks of June forward a fortnight then you just create another two week gap then and so on.  

No. It's the middle of July ones for those o50 that will be the issue.

BTW. My second is 3rd week in june so it's not selfish interest. We are not going away until end of august.

It's all the hotels that I worry about. Ready to rock and roll from 28th june onwards with all rooms made available and bookings already taken. It just doesn't sit right that we have O50s un protected and will I fear give our government a reason to delay. Which will be ironic as their own vaccination strategy will have put us there.

• Like 1

Any news about the NHS app to show vaccination status ?

"Check your Covid-19 vaccine record" in the NHS app still isnt working. So no QR code. No verification possible.

Although it is shown in the "Your GP Health Record" but no QR code. This will make life difficult if authorities are expecting the QR code.

5 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

The vast majority of the 50-64 age groups got their dose between 25 March and 9 April.  So they will get their second dose by the end of June anyway.

We had this discussion before. The majority yes, but far from all. 

If it's such a small number why not bring them forward. 

You are contradicting yourself all the time. First its 30,000 now it's a tiny minority.

I can't belive many over 50 won't be double jabbed by the end of this month.

I am nowhere near 50 and will be done by tynwald day.

Stupid the focus on people.pver a certain age anyway.

A fat, lazy 30 year old smoker if higher risk than a 55 year old who eats well and exercises.

Have said it before, but I can't believe they haven't emphasised more to people the simple steps we can all take with a bit of self responsibility to reduce our individual risks.