Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

2 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Even then, I can't see an answer forthcoming as it might have the potential to identify people.  

I could understand that if they gave a breakdown of numbers by department or specific job title, but not if they just released a statement saying "X number of frontline HCWs have not been single jabbed, and X number have not been double jabbed". Frontline HCW encompasses a great many different job titles. 

6 hours ago, Cambon said:

Why should they be vaccinated if against their will? As I have said from the start, you get vaccinated to protect yourself. If they don't want to protect themselves it is their call. Darwinism? 

They also get vaccinated to protect those more vulnerable eg care home residents & severely ill hospital patients which is why many countries are making it mandatory.

In fact in Italy it is mandatory for anyone employed to be vaccinated or have twice weekly tests paid by themselves to continue working!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Banker said:

They also get vaccinated to protect those more vulnerable eg care home residents & severely ill hospital patients which is why many countries are making it mandatory.

In fact in Italy it is mandatory for anyone employed to be vaccinated or have twice weekly tests paid by themselves to continue working!

Correct, but those vaccinated can also carry and pass on the virus, usually unnoticed (asymptomatic)

2 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

The NHS has backed down as it was looking at a huge shortage in the health care and primary care sector if it stopped unvaccinated people from working in front line roles. It should be personal choice and not everyone who doesn’t want to get vaccinated is an anti vax loon. Common sense seems to be prevailing in the UK unlike in many other countries.

It’s coming but not until after winter apparently!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronavirus-vaccine-nhs-staff-compulsory-22054349.amp

• Like 1

13 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

The NHS has backed down as it was looking at a huge shortage in the health care and primary care sector if it stopped unvaccinated people from working in front line roles. It should be personal choice and not everyone who doesn’t want to get vaccinated is an anti vax loon. Common sense seems to be prevailing in the UK unlike in many other countries.

Common sense? If common sense prevailed in the UK they probably wouldn't have the already huge staffing shortages in the NHS. 

Low pay, the removal of nursing bursaries, top-heavy shite management, Brexit etc are all contributing to the existing shortages.

Of course they can't introduce mandatory vaccinations. I saw this u-turn coming as soon as I heard they were thinking of introducing it. 

21 hours ago, Cambon said:

Why should they be vaccinated if against their will? As I have said from the start, you get vaccinated to protect yourself. If they don't want to protect themselves it is their call. Darwinism? 

Its not against their will. Its for the job. Its optional. You could choose to be unvaccinated and do a different job. 

I find it incredible that you could employ someone in the health service that is against vaccination. That like employing a bus driver that is against public transport or a vet who doesn't like animals.

(exception made for those who cannot have vaccinations for medical reasons of course).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

In relation to mandatory vaccination clearly. 

Yes, I realise what you were saying.

However the main reason for their u-turn, in reality, has very little to do with not wanting to make vaccinations mandatory (because muh freedom) and everything to do with pre-existing NHS staff shortages. Sacking people for not being vaccinated would collapse a system already on the brink due to staff shortages. 

With a bit of common sense the pre-existing staff shortages would not have been as severe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Its not against their will. Its for the job. Its optional. You could choose to be unvaccinated and do a different job. 

I find it incredible that you could employ someone in the health service that is against vaccination. That like employing a bus driver that is against public transport or a vet who doesn't like animals.

(exception made for those who cannot have vaccinations for medical reasons of course).

This. You'd want to sack them for being thick.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

The thing is, 95% of adults are vaccinated (over 75% of the population). That includes patients and workers. If an unvaccinated person gets Covid, it is very likely they will have symptoms. Whereas, a vaccinated person is far more likely to be asymptomatic. On those grounds alone a vaccinated person is more likely to carry and spread the virus. 

The other thing is many people will not have the vaccine for religious reasons.