Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

54 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Did these people who failed to turn up actually get the invite letter??

Some of the people commenting on Twitter say they got a phone call asking why they missed it but no appointment letter.  Govt and Manx care have gone quiet on the issue.  Seems like an admin error but blame diverted

53 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Good point I have now idea either way but this is a terrible waste of resources which a small island cannot afford. With such a large failure of attendance then you would expect serious questions to be asked of our public servants to why this is happening 

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

did those who allegedly failed to turn up actually say they were going to turn up in the first place ?  if i say i'm going to be somewhere and i don't present myself i have failed to turn up, if someone else asks me to be somewhere and i never confirmed i'd be there i haven't failed to turn up at all.

Edited by WTF
  • Like 2

Maybe this is symptomatic of the feeling around it all now. Most people I come into contact with just want to get on with their lives; get to work, get to school, crack on with living. They don't ever seem to mention it anymore. Making a note to contact the health department to say you aren't attending falls down the priority list of daily activities when you have mouths to feed. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Danoo said:

Maybe this is symptomatic of the feeling around it all now. Most people I come into contact with just want to get on with their lives; get to work, get to school, crack on with living. They don't ever seem to mention it anymore. Making a note to contact the health department to say you aren't attending falls down the priority list of daily activities when you have mouths to feed. 

I'm inclined to think it may be a process/admin error for a particular batch of invitations issued rather than either apathy or ambivalence/can't be arsed attitude. Most people I come into contact with are keen to make sure they get their booster.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

I'm inclined to think it may be a process/admin error for a particular batch of invitations issued rather than either apathy or ambivalence/can't be arsed attitude. Most people I come into contact with are keen to make sure they get their booster.

I've just read up the thread and judging by the numbers involved you're probably correct. I just thought it was a few dozen.

The fact that they put an announcement out about 200 no shows without apparently considering the fact there was an admin error somewhere speaks volumes.

Any private business by mid morning would have been investigating what had gone wrong and trying to minimise the impact through the rest of the day.

• Like 2

A relative of mine got a phone call a few weeks ago asking why they didn't turn up for their appointment... the reason was that they never actually got an invite asking them to go!

The Government would never actually consider that 200 people not turning up could be a failure on their part of a failure to actually send out letters. No chance.

The public should be requesting an appointment, not being given a letter with an appointment with the responsibility being on you to cancel it if you can't go. There be a live online booking system allowing you to make, cancel or reschedule your appointment. It's all so manual here!

Mrs. Doc has just come off the phone, chasing 111 up that she hasn't received a letter confirming her next week's appointment. Was told an e mail had been sent. When she said she had not received one, was told one would be sent this morning......but......zero, nothing, zilch! No it's not in junk or any of the other pockets.

Make of what you will.

There's a whole army of coffee makers in government. It can't be beyond the realms of possibility a few could be reassigned to manually print out and send out a letter or e-mail. But then again that would entail someone programme managing the whole process and cutting across departments/empires. Which can not happen.

Its chaos in the UK as well.

When the booster program started people were getting invites to go to medical centres, hospitals and so forth at a specific time. Unfortunately sometime early November the Gov mandated that all these places should be drop-in centres as well. So folks were turning up at their appointed time to be faced with a rugger scrum.

After a telephone appointment to discuss her hearing problem (you just couldn't make that one up...!) Mrs PK was asked about her vax to be told an elderly patient of their's had waited 2 hours after her appointed time at the local hub before giving up. Would we like them administered at the surgery? Errrr ok then.

So even though you can book online it's not only a shambles but some vulnerable folks are being pushed back.

Edited by P.K.

40 minutes ago, Danoo said:

There's a whole army of coffee makers in government. It can't be beyond the realms of possibility a few could be reassigned to manually print out and send out a letter or e-mail. But then again that would entail someone programme managing the whole process and cutting across departments/empires. Which can not happen.

I love that they leave it until the following day before phoning people up to ask why they didn't go. Why can't they phone them same day and give them the opportunity to go down. There must be a whole load of free people in the Government that could do that.

• Like 1