Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

The fact that they put an announcement out about 200 no shows without apparently considering the fact there was an admin error somewhere speaks volumes.

Any private business by mid morning would have been investigating what had gone wrong and trying to minimise the impact through the rest of the day.

It's not as if the health service here wasn't notorious for not informing people about appointments.  Everyone I know who has needed to have a series of treatments and appointments at Nobles has a story to tell.  Yet they continually blame the patients as a first response, even when they get a obvious system failure as here. 

These are people who should be analysing data all the time, but they can't even spot something as obvious as this or even consider that their systems might be at fault - the only response is to find someone else to blame rather than try to fix the problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

The fact that they put an announcement out about 200 no shows without apparently considering the fact there was an admin error somewhere speaks volumes.

Any private business by mid morning would have been investigating what had gone wrong and trying to minimise the impact through the rest of the day.

And it's not a cock-up the department would rush to admit it'd made, if it was an admin error, which seems likely judging by the numbers related. 

2 hours ago, pongo said:

The letters ask people to make contact if they cannot make the appointment.

it would make more sense to ask people to make contact to confirm the appointment by a certain date and if no contact offer the spot to someone else.

1 minute ago, WTF said:

it would make more sense to ask people to make contact to confirm the appointment by a certain date and if no contact offer the spot to someone else.

Not really.  That would increase the amount of admin substantially and the more they do the more likely they are to get wrong.You'd get loads of people turning up saying they had confirmed and the NHS saying they hadn't.

12 minutes ago, quilp said:

And it's not a cock-up the department would rush to admit it'd made, if it was an admin error, which seems likely judging by the numbers related. 

We all make mistakes, the mature thing is to investigate, find out what went wrong and fix it.  Otherwise you just keep repeating the same mistakes.  In this case it might not even be their fault - maybe they gave the letters to Hermes to deliver - but they'll never know if they just keep blaming the public.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Danoo said:

In all seriousness though doesn't this just highlight the complete ineptitude of the whole government funded healthcare system. Costs us a fortune and can't get the basics right. The administration side is beyond the pale. 

It has always been this way.  Wrighty mentioned one of the most basic issues as having separate computer systems that don't talk to each other meaning everything is duplicated or laborious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Surely all they need is a text reminder the day before like you get from doctors, blood clinic. Dentist etc

Old fashioned texts are not reliable on the IOM. Sometimes they arrive days later.

Sometimes not at all.

Edited by pongo

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

I and all my family always get ours as do most people I know, never heard of any issues with texts 

Lucky you.

But, as I said, old fashioned texts are not reliable on the IOM. Sometimes they arrive days later. Sometimes not at all.

I have had texts from the voicemail days later saying that someone has left a voicemail. Only to then find other voicemail messages. And it's touch and go as a 2 factor solution. Sometimes the code arrives. Sometimes it is hours late. Sometimes not at all.

1 minute ago, pongo said:

Lucky you.

But, as I said, old fashioned texts are not reliable on the IOM. Sometimes they arrive days later. Sometimes not at all.

I have had texts from the voicemail days later saying that someone has left a voicemail. Only to then find other voicemail messages. And it's touch and go as a 2 factor solution. Sometimes the code arrives. Sometimes it is hours late. Sometimes not at all.

Must be your phone, no one else has a problem 

• Like 1