Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

9 hours ago, finlo said:

Don't know but I know someone who died the day after his booster jab and I'm sure you would know him too!

8 hours ago, kevster said:

I know someone who died the day after shopping at Tesco which is why I avoid the place

All but 3 advocates who were in practice when I qualified have retired. Most of them have died. Don’t practice law with me!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, quilp said:

I declined the offer too, had a mild paranoia about having them both at the same time. Probably completely irrational. Haven't had a flu jab in decades, and actually don't have a lot of faith in it. Probably had real 'flu 3 times in my life. Had the pneumonia jab, just as covid appeared, for the first time.

Any side-effects..? 

I was fine last night but today my arm is very very sore, much more so than it was with the AZ jabs (Pfizer this time). It's sore from just above the elbow right up into my shoulder. Can't raise my arm above my head. 

Also feel a bit shit all round. It will pass though and I'd rather this than ending up in hospital with covid. 

No side effects from the flu jab a few weeks ago. I had the pneumovax a couple years ago and no sides from that either.

One side effect I've had from the AZ jabs is a marked increase in my pre-existing tinnitus due to ototoxic meds I have no choice but to take. I've been to audiology at Nobles and was diagnosed with some hearing loss (probably pre-existing but exacerbated by tinnitus) but they can't really diagnose tinnitus itself. Was given hearing aides that also have a white noise function, which helps a bit. 

The audiologist said there have been many others reporting the tinnitus side-effect due to covid jabs, but it's not well known outside of the profession as it's not been widely reported in the MSM. I've also read recently that it's also often a problem with long-covid.

So far the Pfizer jab hasn't made it worse and I'm hoping it won't. The exacerbation occurred within 12-18 hours after both AZ jabs, so I'm hoping I'm in the clear this time.

Tinnitus or no tinnitus, I have no regrets over having the covid vaccinations. Tinnitus won't kill me, but covid might. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

After all the stories of politicians flouting the rules they had put in place and now this christmas party last year I think I am going to decline the booster jab, I have done my bit stayed in, got the vaccine but now I am just going to get on with it and what will be will be.

You're not having your booster jab because of corruption in 10 Downing Street?

That'll show 'em who's boss!

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

After all the stories of politicians flouting the rules they had put in place and now this christmas party last year I think I am going to decline the booster jab, I have done my bit stayed in, got the vaccine but now I am just going to get on with it and what will be will be.

So you're going to refuse a treatment that has been shown to decrease the risk from a virus (and that is increasingly important with the arrival of Omicron) because someone had a party in another country a year ago?

You're taking the fact Boris didn't send you an invite really hard.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

So you're going to refuse a treatment that has been shown to decrease the risk from a virus (and that is increasingly important with the arrival of Omicron) because someone had a party in another country a year ago?

You're taking the fact Boris didn't send you an invite really hard.

no I just don't see why I should be doing things when the people who are making these rules continually flaunt them. I am not at risk of covid I survived almost 18 months working every day coming into contact with people who had covid without getting ill or dying prior to the vaccine coming about.

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

no I just don't see why I should be doing things when the people who are making these rules continually flaunt them. I am not at risk of covid I survived almost 18 months working every day coming into contact with people who had covid without getting ill or dying prior to the vaccine coming about.

47 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Thommo, no offence mate, but that’s some really proper fucked up logic going on in your right head there. 

its not really ,  the hypocrisy of the cunts making the rules up, our own tossers too , with the do as say not as i do attitude tends to invalidate what they are saying,  why should we all be worried if they're not??

26 minutes ago, WTF said:

its not really ,  the hypocrisy of the cunts making the rules up, our own tossers too , with the do as say not as i do attitude tends to invalidate what they are saying,  why should we all be worried if they're not??

It doesn't invalidate it any more than it validates it.  It just means that these are people you can't trust and so you need to look for more reliable sources of information rather than stuff that comes directly from them or via their friends in the media.  So you look for reliable sources of government information that the spin-doctors haven't got to (or can't get at) and media sources (possibly not British) that you can rely on more.  You look at what other governments are doing and their justification for it.

8 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

This is how natural selection works.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Thommo, no offence mate, but that’s some really proper fucked up logic going on in your right head there. 

How? 

We have leaders on the TV telling us how dangerous this virus is, we mustn't mix with family, don't have parties close down your business you be worked years to build, then they are there flouting the rules they have set. I have risk assessed my own situation in the 18 months or so before the vaccine arrived I was working every day coming into contact with people who had covid and I'm still here that would suggest to me I'm not at any risk with or without a vaccine. 

• Like 1