Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

18 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

How? 

We have leaders on the TV telling us how dangerous this virus is, we mustn't mix with family, don't have parties close down your business you be worked years to build, then they are there flouting the rules they have set. I have risk assessed my own situation in the 18 months or so before the vaccine arrived I was working every day coming into contact with people who had covid and I'm still here that would suggest to me I'm not at any risk with or without a vaccine. 

You’re not at risk of getting hit by a bus until you do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

Be happy with whatever choice you make, but it has nothing to do with Parliament, that just sounds ridiculous, you have the vaccine for yourself, not for anyone else.

Exactly, I got it because it was supposed to a return to normality, that quite clearly isn't the case

18 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Exactly, I got it because it was supposed to a return to normality, that quite clearly isn't the case

That still has nothing to do with Parliament though, nobody knew when or if we were going to return to normal. The vaccines have been shown to work against the known variants when it was developed, anything more than than that is wishful/hopeful thinking.

The two issues should not be conflated, one impacts little on the other.

Thommo, you are usually a sensible and incisive poster on here.  But with all due respect, when we last exchanged on vax you spoke about an increase in migraines since having the vax and made another  connection to confirmthzt you would not have the booster.  I suggested you should go to your GP but you said you didn't want to waste their time.  That is exactly the kind of change that you should waste their time with. 

Sorry to cone across as patronising, old mucker. 🙂

11 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

So are you not even a little annoyed that at a time where people were being told to stay home not see family etc the people in charge were just going against it? 

So, having behaved sensibly, you see someone else being a dick and decide that justifies you being a dick?

If someone told you to take a long walk off a short pier, would you?

You've developed migraine and are self diagnosing as a vaxx side effect and not going to see your GP? And your medical qualifications are?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Honestly?

I don’t give a shit. I don’t know all the ins and outs of it but whatever they are they wouldn’t surprise me.

I am still able to make a judgement call on what is good for me, my friends, my family and my community regardless of the behaviour of anyone else.

Anyone else’s behaviour is completely out of my control and it’s pointless wasting any energy on it.

I could go and research, turn on radio 4 and get the whole sorry story and end up winding myself up enough to start making bizarre judgements but then I’d end up being like you and you sound quite angry, belligerent and exasperated - and I’d rather not be like that. 

But don’t let me stop you. You knock yourself out lad. 

You could almost be PK at this point

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, snowman said:

When are kids 5-11 getting vaccinated? People were asked to register a month ago and have heard nothing

What is the rush to vaccinate kids?  How many children have been hospitalised or suffered long term affects of covid?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1