Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

The variant chat that's been blowing around for the last two weeks is more absolute crap you know, spread by nutters. This is not the flu. You get offered a flu vaccine every year because the different variants of that really are different bugs. Covid, not at all. It doesn't matter whether this is BA1167 or BA1184, or the kraken or eris or cerebus or whatever ridiculous name the nutters are giving it this week, they're all the same at the moment (decendants of 'omicron'). Its the same 'scientists' pushing gloom every single time, and they're wrong. You've got your immunity from both the vaccines and the disease itsself. Everyone has had it, everyone is going to get it again. It doesn't matter what flavour, your body knows it.

59 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I've got a flu jab coming up. I'm going to ask them to add covid and pneumonia at the same time.

Unless you're immunosuppressed, I don't think they're vaccinating anyone at the moment. Last time I checked they were awaiting clinical advice before the autumn vaccination programme which is due to start some time in the next few weeks. I'm keen to get a booster but I suspect I'll have to wait a while. 

• 2 months later...

More fantastic proof reading from our Government before sending out emails this afternoon.

Subject - "Covid-19 Spring Booster Vaccination Campaign 2023"

First line in body - "RE:COVID-19 Autumn Booster and Seasonal Flu Vaccination Campaign 2023"

Many words in the email are joined together such as - "Now that the vast majority of the UK adult population have beenvaccinated studies indicate that most of the adult and childhood populationhave been naturally infected,"

What do we pay these people for ? They can't even get the most basic thing correct.

8 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

More fantastic proof reading from our Government before sending out emails this afternoon.

Subject - "Covid-19 Spring Booster Vaccination Campaign 2023"

First line in body - "RE:COVID-19 Autumn Booster and Seasonal Flu Vaccination Campaign 2023"

Many words in the email are joined together such as - "Now that the vast majority of the UK adult population have beenvaccinated studies indicate that most of the adult and childhood populationhave been naturally infected,"

What do we pay these people for ? They can't even get the most basic thing correct.

That’s not good . I can type like that and often do but I’m not getting paid for it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

That’s not good . I can type like that and often do but I’m not getting paid for it. 

Nor are you trying to give accurate information on which people will rely.  I also wonder which part of the population falls outside of the adult and childhood sectors. 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 5:10 PM, P.K. said:

I'm eligible for a free pneumonia jab and a free bus pass and free prescriptions and a free envelope of money every four weeks...

Lucky you:) l've got a few years to wait, l'm especially looking forward to a bus pass, l wonder if my dog will qualify too? I'm only joking.:D

• Like 1