Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

Well once you accept that Covid-19 is/can be a whole lot worse than 'the flu' then you'll realise that its long term effects are a whole lot worse too.

I must have missed my post where I stated that Covid is no worse than flu. Nasty virus = a variety of potential long term issues. The media invention of the name 'long Covid' irritates me, that is all.

24 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

I must have missed my post where I stated that Covid is no worse than flu. Nasty virus = a variety of potential long term issues. The media invention of the name 'long Covid' irritates me, that is all.

It irritates me too. The definition of it is too wide, ranging from loss of smell but otherwise perfectly well, to unable to walk up a flight of stairs without getting breathless. I suspect that of all those claiming to have ‘long covid’ there will be as many using it as an excuse for something as there will be genuinely afflicted by a significant post-viral condition. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I know of two people from the Island who had Covid some months ago. They are unsure of the long term affects, but still  have greatly diminished smell and taste. Incidentally, they are both in their 20s.

22 minutes ago, wrighty said:

It irritates me too. The definition of it is too wide, ranging from loss of smell but otherwise perfectly well, to unable to walk up a flight of stairs without getting breathless.

Every weekend in the Rover's bogs....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

I know of two people from the Island who had Covid some months ago. They are unsure of the long term affects, but still  have greatly diminished smell and taste. Incidentally, they are both in their 20s.

With diminished smell, they’ll be fine in The Rovers then

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

It irritates me too. The definition of it is too wide, ranging from loss of smell but otherwise perfectly well, to unable to walk up a flight of stairs without getting breathless. 

Yes indeed, one/two of your senses rendered useless, and possibly scarring on the lungs?

I suppose other than that they look ok. What's the problem?

Well, it was only that 'Wuhan' flu after all.

Edited by Barlow

3 minutes ago, NoTail said:

Times fron page today:

All over-50s can get jab by end of spring, health chief pledges

Are we still aiming for September? 

I'm 63, no medical issues. Expecting jab in May so the Times may be a tad over-optimistic but not too much.

Elderly neighbours and the very vulnerable being jabbed already.

Just now, asitis said:

The EU are describing the delay in starting to vaccinate in some EU countries as a disaster ! Wonder what they would make of the IOM ?

As the IOM can control borders and has a very low infection rate it's not a big issue.

41 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

As the IOM can control borders and has a very low infection rate it's not a big issue.

This assessment of it is getting tiresome.

That is NOT an excuse for complacency with the vax program. The risk still exists and we need to keep up with our neighbours programs if we stand any chance of a tourism industry or any freedom of movement in the next 2 years.

• Like 2