Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

7 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Good news that the Oxford/AZ vaccine has been given the green light this morning. Also, eminently sensible to increase the minimum gap between jabs to three months so that protection can be given to as many as quickly as possible - let's hope that IOMG's vaccination programme can easily adapt to this development!

Adapt? You make it sound like we had a programme :whistling:

• Haha 4

Looks like UK are aiming for 2m a week by end January, will we be still rolling out Pfizer at 1000 every few weeks?

Oxford vaccine deliveries to start 'within days' with 'millions' potentially vaccinated in January 

AstraZeneca chief executive Pascal Soriot told BBC Radio 4's Today programme deliveries will be ramped up "very rapidly" in the first and second week of January.

He added: "We will start delivering this week - maybe today or tomorrow we will be shipping our first doses.

"The vaccination will start next week and we will get to one million a week and beyond that very rapidly.

"We can go to two million. In January we will already possibly be vaccinating several million people and by the end of the first quarter we are going to be in the tens of millions already."

16 minutes ago, Banker said:

Looks like UK are aiming for 2m a week by end January, will we be still rolling out Pfizer at 1000 every few weeks?

Oxford vaccine deliveries to start 'within days' with 'millions' potentially vaccinated in January 

AstraZeneca chief executive Pascal Soriot told BBC Radio 4's Today programme deliveries will be ramped up "very rapidly" in the first and second week of January.

He added: "We will start delivering this week - maybe today or tomorrow we will be shipping our first doses.

"The vaccination will start next week and we will get to one million a week and beyond that very rapidly.

"We can go to two million. In January we will already possibly be vaccinating several million people and by the end of the first quarter we are going to be in the tens of millions already."

That’s not what that says or means, though, is it?

Hes only competent to talk about delivery of the vaccine, not it’s administration.

Astra Zeneca can deliver 1,000,000 doses a week shortly and, by end January can deliver 2,000.000 a week.

Anything else he can’t validly comment upon. Actual vaccination isn’t down to him.

until IOM gets its first delivery of the AZ vaccine we have 975 doses a week of the Pfizer to administer. 1,000,000 in UK terms is 1,200 in Manx terms, on a per head of population basis.

You really are posting in strident Karen terms when you’ve no evidence to back up your position. That’s what Karen’s do.  

There’s no evidence of any meaningful delay. Just caution. There’s no evidence of any damaging effect. The delay between Pfizer arriving and first admin isn’t 14 days, it’s 6 or 7. In Uk most Pfizer has been administered by GP practices or special clinics within hospitals. They weren’t open 24/12 pm, 25/12, 26/12, 27/12, 31/12pm, 1/1, 2/1: 3/1 and 4/1 ( Scotland ). That’s why we aren’t falling far behind.

Add to that the fact that opening borders is still dependent upon reducing incidence in UK, not here. There’s no suggestion of the 1/5,000 or 20/100,000 levels being changed. Do you realistically expect the borders to be fully open before July?

Neither the UK, nor CD, are looking at vaccinating the 50’s, and younger, much before then. And they are the transmitters.

Personally, and subject to further test data, I’d expect a push to vaccinate school kids. They are often the vector of transmission between households in traditional flu epidemics. It’s fairly common in less wealthy European countries for schools to be closed as breaks/brakes in traditional flu epidemics.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, John Wright said:

That’s not what that says or means, though, is it?

Hes only competent to talk about delivery of the vaccine, not it’s administration.

Astra Zeneca can deliver 1,000,000 doses a week shortly and, by end January can deliver 2,000.000 a week.

Anything else he can’t validly comment upon. Actual vaccination isn’t down to him.

until IOM gets its first delivery of the AZ vaccine we have 975 doses a week of the Pfizer to administer. 1,000,000 in UK terms is 1,200 in Manx terms, on a per head of population basis.

You really are posting in strident Karen terms when you’ve no evidence to back up your position. That’s what Karen’s do.  

There’s no evidence of any meaningful delay. Just caution. There’s no evidence of any damaging effect. The delay between Pfizer arriving and first admin isn’t 14 days, it’s 6 or 7. In Uk most Pfizer has been administered by GP practices or special clinics within hospitals. They weren’t open 24/12 pm, 25/12, 26/12, 27/12, 31/12pm, 1/1, 2/1: 3/1 and 4/1 ( Scotland ). That’s why we aren’t falling far behind.

Add to that the fact that opening borders is still dependent upon reducing incidence in UK, not here. There’s no suggestion of the 1/5,000 or 20/100,000 levels being changed. Do you realistically expect the borders to be fully open before July?

Neither the UK, nor CD, are looking at vaccinating the 50’s, and younger, much before then. And they are the transmitters.

Personally, and subject to further test data, I’d expect a push to vaccinate school kids. They are often the vector of transmission between households in traditional flu epidemics. It’s fairly common in less wealthy European countries for schools to be closed as breaks/brakes in traditional flu epidemics.

John I don’t expect anything realistic from this administration!

Personally and I am not alone in this that the delay in starting vaccinations in IOM is unacceptable over some paperwork interpretations. We could & should have vaccinated 975 when we received the vaccine 2 weeks ago.

just because it’s not your opinion doesn’t mean it’s wrong 

Edited by Banker

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

Why do you expect things from others?

You're on about the UK aiming for 2 million vaccinations a week, and believing it. Despite ample proof that what they aim for is never the reality.

You're a complete loon, a short delay while (hopefully) things are organised properly in the vaccinations over here is no problem. 

The other day someone posted about the US pushing ahead, but it turns out that because everything has been so rushed its actually a mess. From a quick skim, without delving properly, it appears this may well be the case in France and surprisingly Germany too.

Lets get it right, instead of rushing to satisfy gobby impatient idiots on the internet.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Banker said:

Personally and I am not alone in this that the delay in starting vaccinations in IOM is unacceptable over some paperwork interpretations. We could & should have vaccinated 975 when we received the vaccine 2 weeks ago.

just because it’s not your opinion doesn’t mean it’s wrong 

Again you miss the point.

Of course we are both entitled to our different opinions.

Let me ask you what difference it will have made? Analyse it.

Ive spelled out why factually, it won’t have made any difference.

I think the first 975 doses arrived 18/12. That meant 3.5 days to use 975. Or part use and waste the rest. Practically could you have got letters out over the weekend of 19/20 December to have appointments on 21/12? Even if they’d posted on 17 or 18 they wouldn’t arrive until 21 at earliest. No delivery on 19/12.

Same with this week. It’s a part week.

27 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Why do you expect things from others?

You're on about the UK aiming for 2 million vaccinations a week, and believing it. Despite ample proof that what they aim for is never the reality.

You're a complete loon, a short delay while (hopefully) things are organised properly in the vaccinations over here is no problem. 

The other day someone posted about the US pushing ahead, but it turns out that because everything has been so rushed its actually a mess. From a quick skim, without delving properly, it appears this may well be the case in France and surprisingly Germany too.

Lets get it right, instead of rushing to satisfy gobby impatient idiots on the internet.

Typical of you name calling & abuse if someone doesn’t agree with you

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

Typical of you name calling & abuse if someone doesn’t agree with you

I'm not the one demanding action on something I actually know nothing about.

Frankly you deserve some abuse, your entire history on this forum is one of constant moaning, appalling judgement and purposeful misinterpretation of facts.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I'm not the one demanding action on something I actually know nothing about.

Frankly you deserve some abuse, your entire history on this forum is one of constant moaning, appalling judgement and purposeful misinterpretation of facts.

Why have you given me stick then, I have a good balance of positivity tinged with some moaning. Seems like you are the one moaning today.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Why have you given me stick then

Where have I done that? 

And yeah, i feel like having a moan. I'm fucking sick of impatient people, non-experts, deniers, politicians, racists, morons, basically the whole internet.

I might start drinking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, John Wright said:

I couldn't agree more. 

Which begs the question,  why the hell are we importing vaccine?

There have been a further 981 deaths in the UK today,  surely their need is greater than ours!

I understand that had we forgone our weekly 975 doses so far it wouldn't have saved a majority of them, possibly very few, but even if it were only one surely it would be worth it!?

Our borders are (hopefully tight shut) we have no covid out of isolation,  just because we can order 975 doses per week doesn't mean we should.