Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

If I had been the !st recipient, with the press there, I'd have gone into a slavering fit just for the fun of it!!!

Does it really matter who was the first? Where they a hero? Isn't just better that they have, finally, got on with it?

Not as though we were first in the GB. is it?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Kopek said:

If I had been the !st recipient, with the press there, I'd have gone into a slavering fit just for the fun of it!!!

Does it really matter who was the first? Where they a hero? Isn't just better that they have, finally, got on with it?

Not as though we were first in the GB. is it?

We've still vaccinated more people than France did in their first day. They can have that little fact for free at the next presser.

9 hours ago, wrighty said:

That looks exactly like the legitimate one I’ve got. I suspect your email address is similar to whoever is due their vaccine - you had to read them over the phone so easily done. 

I’ve found the other me who the email was supposed to go to and she’s now got her confirmation :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The predictions  a few days ago of it taking up to a year to vaccinate down to the 60yos, then nothing, so far, has indicated a reason to believe that will be surpassed.

The 'promise' in December? was that the 60+ would be done by Sept? Not so now? or do we have to wait for the next Ashford announcement???

Do NHS staff have to be done first??? They have the PPE3 to keep hem safe, we do not, let them continue to use their PPE and those more vulnerable get the jab? Seems more logical?

Lets hope the 'Scotty principle' applies to the timeframe:

1. Caluculate average required time for completion of given task.
  2. Depending on importance of task, add 25-50% additional time to original estimate.
  3. Report and commit to inflated time estimate with superiors, clients, etc.
  4. Under optimal conditions the task is completed closer to the original time estimate vs. the inflated delivery time expected by those waiting.
  5. Claim to be a miracle worker when advertised timescale is bettered.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, quilp said:

A startling fact that more people have died of Covid, since February, than British civilians during the entirety of the second world war. Thanks for that link, Jaymann. 

Whilst that is a horrible statistic:

How many British civilians were there during ww2?

What were there average ages?

Bearing in mind the population itself was much smaller, loads were signed up for the forces, there was already a huge dent in the number of male civilians, unfortunately left by WW1.

A dramatic statistic, but fairly sensationalist without a whole heap of background info (eg, when was the last tine the same statistic wouldn't have applied to cancer, or the flu in a given year)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, quilp said:

A startling fact that more people have died of Covid, since February, than British civilians during the entirety of the second world war. Thanks for that link, Jaymann. 

Startling that average age of COVID deaths was 82.4 which is about the average age of deaths anyway!! What a stupid comparison 

59 minutes ago, Banker said:

Startling that average age of COVID deaths was 82.4 which is about the average age of deaths anyway!! What a stupid comparison 

Not sure it'd really worth nitpicking. Deaths aside there remains a highly compelling argument for rapid rollout.

Edited by jaymann

10 hours ago, madmanxpilot said:

Lets hope the 'Scotty principle' applies to the timeframe:

1. Caluculate average required time for completion of given task.
  2. Depending on importance of task, add 25-50% additional time to original estimate.
  3. Report and commit to inflated time estimate with superiors, clients, etc.
  4. Under optimal conditions the task is completed closer to the original time estimate vs. the inflated delivery time expected by those waiting.
  5. Claim to be a miracle worker when advertised timescale is bettered.

This sounds like it's come from the DOI Bible....

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Kopek said:

The predictions  a few days ago of it taking up to a year to vaccinate down to the 60yos, then nothing, so far, has indicated a reason to believe that will be surpassed.

The 'promise' in December? was that the 60+ would be done by Sept? Not so now? or do we have to wait for the next Ashford announcement???

Do NHS staff have to be done first??? They have the PPE3 to keep hem safe, we do not, let them continue to use their PPE and those more vulnerable get the jab? Seems more logical?

Well, my understanding (from last weekends press briefing) is that while the NHS staff, etc are be vaccinated this week, letters are being sent out to over 80s this week to get them to arrange appointments starting later this week or early next. 

I have been giving this a bit of thought over the last couple of weeks. It was indeed selfish of me to say i didnt want the vaccine. I have now changed my mind, i feel its my duty to have it. Therefore im off to the airport now and thats where i'm staying until vaccinated. Just doing my bit for the community.

Edited by the stinking enigma
  • Haha 2