Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

The fact that the government have communication issues in respect of trust throughout the population, should come as no surprise to them. The last countless years have been bluster, obfuscation and aggression towards anyone who dare question or criticise the corridors of power. Ironic really, that at the point they do need to be open with the population to gain their compliance, they find themselves the subject of ridicule and question ! The Dr Glover issue is a case in point.

Good lesson here Howie, you reap what you sow !!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I'd say it makes sense to have a couple of trays in reserve, for when the supply from the UK dries up for reasons, or we get an absolute belter of double storm week with massive disruption. But thats just me, you just want everything right now with no thinking.

A couple maybe but we’ve already got 5 of 6 trays in reserve plus 1 more due this week, we don’t need that many in reserve. We are well behind everyone else in UK & CI and need to ramp up.

Ashie can’t say we don’t need to do anything as we are in great position then lock us down at same time 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

A couple maybe but we’ve already got 5 of 6 trays in reserve plus 1 more due this week, we don’t need that many in reserve. We are well behind everyone else in UK & CI and need to ramp up.

Ashie can’t say we don’t need to do anything as we are in great position then lock us down at same time 

Banker. That is quite possibly the most sensible and on-point thing I've seen from you in recent weeks.

Edited by jaymann
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I'd say it makes sense to have a couple of trays in reserve, for when the supply from the UK dries up for reasons, or we get an absolute belter of double storm week with massive disruption. But thats just me, you just want everything right now with no thinking.

Why on earth would you need trays in reserve. It should be in people arms

6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Why on earth would you need trays in reserve. It should be in people arms

Because it is a two dose vaccine with a designed time frame, and for the reasons given in my post.

The UK messing about with the dosage schedule is not based on the evidence and a sign of desperation. We should not follow them.

7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Because it is a two dose vaccine with a designed time frame, and for the reasons given in my post.

The UK messing about with the dosage schedule is not based on the evidence and a sign of desperation. We should not follow them.

We’re giving the 2 doses in 21 days but still no need to keep 5 trays in reserve which will be 6 by the time we start next vaccinations.

we should also start getting Oxford vaccine shortly as CI have received theirs, are we just going to build them up in reserve as well?

Just now, Banker said:

We’re giving the 2 doses in 21 days but still no need to keep 5 trays in reserve which will be 6 by the time we start next vaccinations.

we should also start getting Oxford vaccine shortly as CI have received theirs, are we just going to build them up in reserve as well?

I think you're talking shit again Banker, exaggerating things to suit your argument. You really should stop it. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Jonathan Van-Tam thinks otherwise.

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

Jonathan Van-Tam thinks otherwise.

I know, but the people who designed and make it don't. It is not supported by the data, because the trial didn't look for it. It is a gamble, a gamble they feel that they have to take. 

I hope it pays off, but it is straight up dodgy to conduct a mass trial (for that is what it is) on your population.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I know, but the people who designed and make it don't. It is not supported by the data, because the trial didn't look for it. It is a gamble, a gamble they feel that they have to take. 

I hope it pays off, but it is straight up dodgy to conduct a mass trial (for that is what it is) on your population.

Sign of desperation perhaps?