Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

19 minutes ago, Banker said:

I understand it’s an indemnity from uk to crown dependencies which Ashie insist is checked by AGs office, other crown dependencies take indemnity as being acceptable and crack on whether they have paperwork or not which is probably why they started mid December 

They're probably non-negotiable anyway.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Apple said:

Thanks @Banker.

Does that mean the UK government takes responsibility if we all start dropping like flies then. Or is it just down to each individual to sign for it.

No.

The UK ( and devolved administrations ) have all passed exculpatory legislation, as has IoM and each CI. However the only supply line for the CD’s, Gib, BoT’s, or DT’s is via UK, which has approved the vaccines for emergency use ( we don’t have our own approval mechanism ), bought it from Pfizer, AZ or Modena, handled it, stored it and transported it. 

Id not trust Boris & Co, if I were advising, I’d want to see a proper meaningful signed indemnity. Wouldn’t you?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

That’s just scaremongering. It shows either panic or total lack of understanding of R. 

Has anywhere had an R rate of 3?  No!

Plus you ignore the effect of lockdown. That has a huge dampening effect.

This is all about risk management. No precaution can be 100% effective. So 14 day gold standard isolation had a 0.5% risk. We’ve now extended to 21 days or 14 and tests on days 1, 6/7 and 13.

Youre brighter than this Andy.

Looking at some of the bellends posting on FB, there is a number of people exploiting the lockdown guidance...

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

That’s just scaremongering. It shows either panic or total lack of understanding of R. 

Has anywhere had an R rate of 3?  No!

Plus you ignore the effect of lockdown. That has a huge dampening effect.

This is all about risk management. No precaution can be 100% effective. So 14 day gold standard isolation had a 0.5% risk. We’ve now extended to 21 days or 14 and tests on days 1, 6/7 and 13.

Youre brighter than this Andy.

I've seen a lot of discussion around R being around 2.9 in the UK before the first lockdown, and the new strain is said to bump that up by anything from 0.5-0.7.

With unmitigated spread, an R-value of 3 doesn't sound far off.

4 hours ago, Happier diner said:

This wind is getting up. Its gonna blow the pigeon off course. Paperwork will be lost and a new set will have to be handwritten. Then there's the search for another pigeon. Of course everything has to be in order.

I hope and prey that one of our journos asks so proper questions today

1) What deliveries of vaccine have we had (by type and number) and when they arrived

2) Day to day figure for number administered (Type/Group)

3) Rolling number with 1 shot

4) Rolling number with both shots

Time to stop all this weasel worded deflection and treat us like we are actually stakeholders in this process.

Still weasel words again today and no challenge from the journos

LIkely, hopefully and expecting are the words of the week....still woffling about the 'paperwork' (which is a word I thought died in the 80's)

Next it'll be "more than my jobs worth" to start without all the necessary 'paperwork'. Meantime the rest of the world presses on

Ok so my tin foil hat is on here, I haven’t seen this suggested elsewhere and I’m unlikely to be in favour for saying this  :

Did the IOM require active C19 cases in order to get hold of the vaccine and now numbers are climbing and active within the community will we be allocated more vaccine as a consequence?

I do realise how ridiculous that statement is and that I really should keep it to myself but after the absolute shit show of a live press conference it got my conspiracy senses tingling.

57 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

LIkely, hopefully and expecting are the words of the week....still woffling about the 'paperwork' (which is a word I thought died in the 80's)

Next it'll be "more than my jobs worth" to start without all the necessary 'paperwork'. Meantime the rest of the world presses on

My guess is that it will suddenly be sorted on Wednesday, when the second tray of AZ arrives.

Howie said "Nobody will receive a first vaccine unless we have their second in stock." 

58 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Did I also hear that the UK has now vaccinated 40% of over 80's and we have done......

None, zero, nada

Just now, Cambon said:

My guess is that it will suddenly be sorted on Wednesday, when the second tray of AZ arrives.

Howie said "Nobody will receive a first vaccine unless we have their second in stock." 

But they are talking bullshit. It's like saying I'm not using my car this week because there might be no deliveries of petrol next week. 

Useless shower.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Ok so my tin foil hat is on here, I haven’t seen this suggested elsewhere and I’m unlikely to be in favour for saying this  :

Did the IOM require active C19 cases in order to get hold of the vaccine and now numbers are climbing and active within the community will we be allocated more vaccine as a consequence?

I do realise how ridiculous that statement is and that I really should keep it to myself but after the absolute shit show of a live press conference it got my conspiracy senses tingling.

Ha Ha. I can't see that but you never know. 

Why can't someone ask how much we have in the freezer.

23 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Blimey. That's impressive. We won't have even got the wrappers off the AZ batch to start reading the instructions

From all my dealings with the Manx CS (and unfortunately I have had many), everything is done at a glacial pace. It is an inbuilt culture thing. At least in the UK they realised that red tape was slowing down the rollout so addressed it early on. Unfortunately the direction of travel and the sense of urgency was at the outset dialled to low, as at the time of planning, we had no cases. Another thing you notice about the CS is that they do not like revisiting plans. Maybe they should!

• Thanks 1