Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

9 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Quite accept I stated it baldly to make a point. The problem with your statistic is it’s completely untrue and unsupported because the developers didn’t test the effectiveness of a single dose at weeks 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, so there’s no way of knowing how effective it is on a single dose between day 22 and day 83.

I assume that you didn't watch BBC News NW tonight, featuring a special covid dicussion involving well-informed people? Suggest you watch it on iPlayer.

4 minutes ago, dreamon said:

Good to see Julie Edge MHK on BBC News NW tonight raise her concerns about the glacially slow roll out of vaccinations on the Island. At least someone in Tynwald has the courage to state the obvious!

I’d expect Quayle and Ashford to get a rough ride in Tynwald next week on this, and related matters. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, dreamon said:

I assume that you didn't watch BBC News NW tonight, featuring a special covid dicussion involving well-informed people? Suggest you watch it on iPlayer.

So well informed that when pressed they have to admit it’s assumption and they don’t know

Pat on the back for Julie Edge 🥰

Despite our best efforts, if there were to be a surprise, uncontrollable mass outbreak with ICT bed capacity etc. all taken, there would be all hell to play if we had life-saving unused vaccine stock just lying on fridge shelves.  

We urgently need the government to publish and update daily the data on on our Vaccination Programme Efficiency e.g., 

- Vaccine  Arrival Dates   &    Quantities  (Daily & Cumulative data)

- Daily and Cumulative Injections

- Average time taken in days from Vaccine Arrival to Injection  

If we really are doing that well, let's publish it and boast about it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

And you’d be mad if your Nan was in UK and had her first dose but was in the 50% non effective part of the population and caught it in week 9 and died. And your Nan would have been much more likely to be exposed in UK than here.

So, gamble, yes, but our odds of granny getting both doses and surviving are a much better bet.

The other side of that coin is that I might be just as mad if my Nan wasn't vaccinated at all and caught it whilst your Nan had had 2 doses

For those interested in Vaccine efficacy over days/weeks you might enjoy "More or Less" on BBC Radio 4.

There is a podcast. And the latest programme actually revealed how Vaccine Efficacy after only 1 Jab had been UNDERESTIMATED ...... even by the Manufacturers.

Because, when averaging its effectiveness after 3 / 4 weeks they had included days 1 to 10 when the vaccine hadn't had time to begin to work. 
By including those "none effective" days they unwittingly reduced the Efficacy Calculation.

You need to leave those days out of the calculation and only start measuring the success of the people Vaccinated compared to those Not Vaccinated AFTER YOU HAVE GIVEN THE VACCINE TIME TO START WORKING !!

What is striking is the apparent lack of any real impetus or will to drive the vaccination programme.  Ashford and Quayle seem content to continue with the current 3 day delivery.  I know the roll out is wholly dependent on the supplies we receive but these will undoubtedly increase in the coming weeks/months in line with the UK.  Therefore a more positive and demanding vaccination target should be aspired to.   I can see more questions being asked in Tynwald and quite rightly so.  The current rhetoric is not good.  They should be clearly outlining the plans to increase vaccination with accompanying time scales.

Edited by Hmmmm
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, Nellie said:

I’d expect Quayle and Ashford to get a rough ride in Tynwald next week on this, and related matters. 

There are a number of questions tabled in Tynwald next week from several members on the slow roll out, how much vaccinate we have in storage, time scales etc 

3 minutes ago, NoTail said:

If the UK can vaccinate all over 50s by end of march (Times front page today) then why can't IOM? We have precisely the same amount of vaccine,  so we are told. Maybe we have 3 x more over 50s than UK.

You would have to compare like with like. The UK is saying it will have offered the first dose of vaccine to all over 50's by March. The IoM is saying it will have delivered 2 doses of vaccine to all over 50's by May. It depends whether you feel getting 2 doses 3 weeks apart (or 4 weeks apart in the case of the Oxford Vaccine) is more important than getting at least 1 dose into everyone

7 minutes ago, Newbie said:

You would have to compare like with like. The UK is saying it will have offered the first dose of vaccine to all over 50's by March. The IoM is saying it will have delivered 2 doses of vaccine to all over 50's by May. It depends whether you feel getting 2 doses 3 weeks apart (or 4 weeks apart in the case of the Oxford Vaccine) is more important than getting at least 1 dose into everyone

We’ll compare with Channel Islands then who are well ahead of us with their main vaccinations centers opening in next week and much more ambitious plans than our 3 days per week .have a look at Tynwald questions to see what concerns everyone has and need answers