Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

7 minutes ago, Cypman said:

84 year old neighbour given a first jab date of 17th Feb, and that was yesterday morning.

Our 93 year old family member 16th Feb for 1st jab and also arranged Wednesday morning.

If they can't handle rolling out the Pzifer jabs on time how are they going to handle the OxfordAZ jabs?

As I said before I would love to see the spreadsheet schedule.

3 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Our 93 year old family member 16th Feb for 1st jab and also arranged Wednesday morning.

If they can't handle rolling out the Pzifer jabs on time how are they going to handle the OxfordAZ jabs?

It’s a complete shambles, my 87 year old mum not had letters yet and surname start with K so when they get to Z it will be first dose May.

Dont think we have a schedule unlike other jurisdictions 

Edited by Banker

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

On Monday, they need to have the Director/Head of/Chief Executive of Vaccines on the podium to answer some of these questions.

That presser today showed us that Ashford is not keeping up to date on what is happening on the ground, and is swallowing all the bullshit he's being fed

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

I would love to see the spreadsheet schedule.

I think I’m right in saying they’ve left the contacting to the individual group practices which as far as I’m aware use their own databases, I think it’s only the hospital database that is a shared system?

I wonder if anyone has received a vaccination letter for a dead relative yet? 

There was also this:

Vaccinations in care homes should begin on Monday, it's confirmed.

Except Ashford promised earlier in the week that they would start "later" this week (listen to audio). Yet more slippage.

But the real scandal is that care home residents and their carers should have been the very first people to get the vaccination according to the governments own protocols.  A month after the first vaccines arrived it's not clear that even any of the carers have. 

Instead they seem to have been vaccinating their own staff whether they were high priority or not, either out of self-interest or because it was an easy way to make up the numbers and brag about how many they had done.

Edited by Roger Mexico
  • Like 1