Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

It's a bit early to start crowing and anyway it's a couple of weeks whilst they alter the process and RAMP UP production. It's only the Pfizer vaccine and not the AZ.

Good job we've got tonnes if it tucked away for a rainy day.

Not crowing. Stating facts.

Pfizer ramping up production isn’t likely to make any difference to what UK gets or passes on to IOM. Think it’s 40 million doses of pfizer to 100million doses AZ.  Moderna is an also ran at 17 million. They’ve got 200million plus on order from 4 other developers  still in trial.

32 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Not crowing. Stating facts.

Pfizer ramping up production isn’t likely to make any difference to what UK gets or passes on to IOM. Think it’s 40 million doses of pfizer to 100million doses AZ.  Moderna is an also ran at 17 million. They’ve got 200million plus on order from 4 other developers  still in trial.

Even you must be starting to think something is going on here and no one is owning up. I smell at r#t big time. I'd rather they just be honest instead of treating us like we are stupid.

13 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Even you must be starting to think something is going on here and no one is owning up. I smell at r#t big time. I'd rather they just be honest instead of treating us like we are stupid.

I don’t know why you’d say “even you”. I’m not a government apologist. I’ve pieced together what appears to be their vaccination roll out policy, from the briefings and press releases. I can see it as a logical and pragmatic way forward. I can see, even with the cases, that there isn’t a rush.

BUT

The fact that we have a Vaccination Board that has had a programme for delivery since at least 21/12 and it still hasn’t been published 4 weeks later is not acceptable.

Neither is the delay in commissioning Ronaldsway, or even starting Chester Street, vaccination centres.

I suspect it’s a keep us in the dark, don’t publish targets, policy so they can’t be held to account if they are over optimistic in their projections.

There can be no valid reason now for not having ramped to 2 trays, 2080 doses,  over 6 days, every week. They’ll have to deliver that, at latest, week commencing 25 January, unless they’re going to stop first vaccinations. If that happens they really are incompetent. 

Im in the clinically extremely vulnerable category. I want it ASAP. However consultant here, Liverpool and GP won’t actually commit to whether it’s contraindicated. They dither and avoid. They won’t admit they don’t know. I’d actually prefer that to being given the run around.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Edit - I should add that I do think there is something weird about the IoM govs apparent desire to go so so slow. An abundance of caution, the Ashford way I guess.

And I presume that you must be concerned that people over 80 who have been asked to book appointments for their first injection are now being offered appointments in mid February. That level of caution is increasing individuals risk.

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I don’t know why you’d say “even you”. I’m not a government apologist. I’ve pieced together what appears to be their vaccination roll out policy, from the briefings and press releases. I can see it as a logical and pragmatic way forward. I can see, even with the cases, that there isn’t a rush.

BUT

The fact that we have a Vaccination Board that has had a programme for delivery since at least 21/12 and it still hasn’t been published 4 weeks later is not acceptable.

Neither is the delay in commissioning Ronaldsway, or even starting Chester Street, vaccination centres.

I suspect it’s a keep us in the dark, don’t publish targets, policy so they can’t be held to account if they are over optimistic in their projections.

Yes and I have agreed with your logical and pragmatic way. But it's starting to look really suspicious and the final protocols excuse isn't going to last forever. 

Maybe one of the staff took their teenage daughter in for some work experience and they left the freezer open....

7 minutes ago, John Wright said:

BUT

Or his dog ate the paperwork

Edited by Happier diner
Duplicate

2 minutes ago, Newbie said:

And I presume that you must be concerned that people over 80 who have been asked to book appointments for their first injection are now being offered appointments in mid February. That level of caution is increasing individuals risk.

Presume all you want.

I don't know what the apparent hold up is, no one does, but if they're booking appointments then they must be confident that they'll be able to carry them out. Imagine the outcry if people had appointments booked for next week and they got cancelled.

It's pretty clear that the prep work wasn't really done fast enough, everything should have been in place a couple of months ago really seeing as everyone knew that once available mass vaccination was going to happen. Fuck knows what the paperwork issues are, just sounds like excuses to me, everything should have been ready, but this is the Isle of Man and it never is. 

But the fact is that you can't just magic the stuff out of thin air, and if they don't have it they can't give it. People keep going on about '6 trays in the freezer' or whatever but it really does make sense to keep a little in reserve, so that the schedule can be kept. The global demand is huge, there are bound to be supply issues, I suspect we'll see more than just the one mentioned by JW earlier as time goes by. A couple of storms in the same week in Feb are always pretty likely too, causing further disruption. And there's always the chance that the UK gov will decide it needs it all, after all it's been reported we're not even paying for it. Drugs for free are pretty rare.

I'm beginning to sound like a defender of the gov, which I'm not and I hate myself for, but I'm sick of the shrieking nonsense about this. People are being ridiculous. 

Well we should hopefully get some answers next week from Tynwald questions like how many over 80s vaccinated, how much stock, why so slow etc that Ashie will have to give detailed responses to  rather than the waffle he gives at press conference.

Edited by Banker