Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

10 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

But the DoI doesn't own any of those and using facilities (even if much more suitable) belonging to other Departments might mean that they don't get their own way in everything.  Which is the only important thing.

Don't forget "The Spend" as well. One has to maximise these opportunities.

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

They could’ve put a temporary marquee just about anywhere, old bus station site for example would have been ideal, but seeing as it’s been sold I very much doubt they’d want to rent their own land back.

Even more easy, used curtains that could have been washed daily to help prevent any potential spread! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Even more easy, used curtains that could have been washed daily to help prevent any potential spread! 

I used to think you were spot on with your views and totally respected your viewpoint until recently. Now I am at a loss as to your point of view completely.

24 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I used to think you were spot on with your views and totally respected your viewpoint until recently. Now I am at a loss as to your point of view completely.

I’m sure he’s devastated coming from someone who is incapable of providing any rationale argument for anything he says. Taking this case in point try explaining yourself instead of just inferring Cambon’s must be an idiot because you don’t agree. 
We’re still waiting for an answer to 2bees BTW regarding your comment that not everything was on the table in the Rachel debate.

6 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Ok thanks for waiting. Try to work it out yourself. Idiot.

BTW noticed you only ever reply to reasoned posts with inane one liners with little or no rationale. Going for a Manx Henry Youngman or the enigmatic literary critic? 
Actual just vacuous posting for the sake of it. Sad. 

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

For someone who supposedly doesn’t give a fuck, you don’t half like sharing your opinion on others.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We have 42 Registered Vets on island.   Vets appear more highly trained that GPs. On the spot without referral elsewhere, they perform Diagnosis, Surgery, Biopsies, Birthing, X-Rays, Prescribing of Medication and INJECTIONS.............. and on all kinds of creatures from Snakes to human like Apes.
Although there ought to be no shortage of Vaccinators, this profession is undoubtedly as good as having your Anti-Covid injection given to you by a top GP or Surgeon.

And why are we spending money on converting buildings when we have underused Churches, Halls and Schools. Large Churches like St Mary's have aisles with loads of space and masses of church bench seating ............. so marshalling seating at a distance and keeping movement one-way ( up one aisle and down another ) is so easy.  With a medication trolley on wheels, the vaccinator could move down the aisle just stopping every few benches to inject the next seated patient. Such large buildings, so much space etc.,

The trouble is in might cost almost NOTHING ............... so our Lords and Masters would miss out on spending LOADS OF TAXPAYERS MONEY.  Well there's no joy in that is there for any MHK ? 

................. ONLY in the Isle of Man

Because we can  ..........   🤣 😂😅

Edited by Overoptimistic
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Overoptimistic said:

We have 42 Registered Vets on island.   Vets appear more highly trained that GPs. On the spot without referral elsewhere, they perform Diagnosis, Surgery, Biopsies, Birthing, X-Rays, Prescribing of Medication and INJECTIONS.............. and on all kinds of creatures from Snakes to human like Apes.
Although there ought to be no shortage of Vaccinators, this profession is undoubtedly as good as having your Anti-Covid injection given to you by a top GP or Surgeon.

And why are we spending money on converting buildings when we have underused Churches, Halls and Schools. Large Churches like St Mary's have aisles with loads of space and masses of church bench seating ............. so marshalling seating at a distance and keeping movement one-way ( up one aisle and down another ) is so easy.  With a medication trolley on wheels, the vaccinator could move down the aisle just stopping every few benches to inject the next seated patient. Such large buildings, so much space etc.,

The trouble is in might cost almost NOTHING ............... so our Lords and Masters would miss out on spending LOADS OF TAXPAYERS MONEY.  Well there's no joy in that is there for any MHK ? 

................. ONLY in the Isle of Man

Because we can  ..........   🤣 😂😅

Isn't there an ethical issue with vets treating humans?  If there is, then needs must would indicate a relaxation from the Royal College.