Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

34 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I can't see that plasterboard will be the easiest of surfaces to wipe down and disinfect regularly either?

once the gold leaf has been applied it will wipe down and look better than Jerseys all at the same time.

• Haha 5

I would like to pose a serious question. Just this once.

What would happen if it was found that people had contracted covid whilst at a vaccination centre. Would it be considered irrelevant (as they had presumably had at least one injection)?. If it were necessary to deep clean the centre, would it be cheaper just to bin the entire wooden shambles?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bankfern said:

It would be interesting to have a breakdown of the 2000 front line workers who have had the vaccine 

Yes posted an update earlier regarding care home vaccinations starting tomorrow, 2000+ frontline health workers vaccinated but none of over 80s !! Seems unbelievable 

You would have assumed that with 32 new cases this week, work would be going on 24hrs a day to get the inoculation places ready and to get inoculating ! or indeed just to get inoculating !

What will it take for Government here to act with any urgency ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/16/2021 at 7:43 PM, Out of the blue said:

As this is only a 'temporary' structure surely it would have been cheaper and quicker to have curtain or polythene partitions? 

Also why use Ronaldsway when they could use an alternative such as nobles TT VIP tent, or as others have mentioned the Villa? 

Also why are they using the check in hall, do they anticipate having no flights this year? 

All the above are genuine questions, as it would seem that we are over engineering and spending too much time and money on something that appears quite simple. I am sure there are really good reasons for the current plan, but it would be nice to be told. Anybody?

This reminds me of one of my pet hates, and there are a few 🙂  The curtains between beds at Nobles.

Every other hospital I have been to in the British Isles, and I have been to a few, has disposable curtains that have the date they were hung written on them.

Why do we still have fabric curtains that from my little test*, details later, don't get cleaned at all?

*The test I did was to mark a curtain in a ward I was regularly visiting with some white board marker pen, which I know washes off. This was about 3 years ago and it was still there the last time I was there in Sept last year.

In light of this maybe we are better having plasterboard walls after all, better than unlaundered curtains..................

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

Guernsey are taking bookings for over75s with first lot starting 25th Jan , Ashie in Paul moulton interview today said it’s correct our over 80s will have to wait until end February or later for first dose!!

https://guernseypress.com/top-stories/homepage/2021/01/17/vaccine-centre-booking-system-has-gone-live/

I sincerely hope we don't lose any, otherwise well, elderly residents whilst waiting for Government action or things could get entertaining !!

• Like 1