Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

12 minutes ago, Banker said:

Guernsey are taking bookings for over75s with first lot starting 25th Jan , Ashie in Paul moulton interview today said it’s correct our over 80s will have to wait until end February or later for first dose!!

https://guernseypress.com/top-stories/homepage/2021/01/17/vaccine-centre-booking-system-has-gone-live/

DA seemed very perplexed and upset that someone said about mid Feb for the over 75s in the Friday press conference. Wonder why he’s changed his mind so dramatically. Apart from the total lack of forward planning, and seeming to be oblivious of dates set by his own department.  

31 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

This reminds me of one of my pet hates, and there are a few 🙂  The curtains between beds at Nobles.

Every other hospital I have been to in the British Isles, and I have been to a few, has disposable curtains that have the date they were hung written on them.

I apologise for using your post to drift off topic, but I have a pet hate too - IoM gov.'s view of safety.

This is a photo of safety gloves used when operating 500v exposed knife switches, standing on bare concrete, possibly wet from the rain. The date on the gloves is 2002. The photo was taken in 2015. Absolutely frightening.3.thumb.jpg.a931f620055cd24150392360a0426b69.jpg

8 minutes ago, manxst said:

DA seemed very perplexed and upset that someone said about mid Feb for the over 75s in the Friday press conference. Wonder why he’s changed his mind so dramatically. Apart from the total lack of forward planning, and seeming to be oblivious of dates set by his own department.  

Yes he said today he forgot how late in month it was when he said that, bit strange comment surely he should know what the plan is?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Yes he said today he forgot how late in month it was when he said that, bit strange comment surely he should know what the plan is?

Unbelievable, from the head of the department. And an MBE awardee, to boot. But sadly unsurprising. A plan, you say....? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

PM should have asked him whether there will be any first doses delivered between the end of next week and Feb 15th which is the date he had been given as the earliest available for over 80's. I suspect not as it seems likely that those 3 weeks are reserved for giving second doses to the people from the first 3 weeks.

Just now, manxst said:

Unbelievable, from the head of the department. And an MBE awardee, to boot. But sadly unsurprising. A plan, you say....? 

With a self-inflicted second lockdown...I wonder, how many of the people that recommended him for the MBE are now regretting doing so?

21 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

I apologise for using your post to drift off topic, but I have a pet hate too - IoM gov.'s view of safety.

This is a photo of safety gloves used when operating 500v exposed knife switches, standing on bare concrete, possibly wet from the rain. The date on the gloves is 2002. The photo was taken in 2015. Absolutely frightening.3.thumb.jpg.a931f620055cd24150392360a0426b69.jpg

Nothing wrong with those gloves, they've just had a few operators.....

2 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Health & safety is also the employees responsibility, if you feel the gloves aren’t safe, then you and your colleagues simply refuse to use them and refuse to do any work without being supplied new ones. It’s as simple as that really, you wouldn’t use other equipment that hasn’t been serviced since 2002 would you? 

Edited by Annoymouse

16 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Or what day of the week it is. 

100 emails an hour..! 

Worth watching and listening for half an hour. Moulton still not pressing him enough, letting things slip past him when he should really stay with it. 

Edited by quilp
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1