Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

13 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

This reminds me of one of my pet hates, and there are a few 🙂  The curtains between beds at Nobles.

Every other hospital I have been to in the British Isles, and I have been to a few, has disposable curtains that have the date they were hung written on them.

Why do we still have fabric curtains that from my little test*, details later, don't get cleaned at all?

*The test I did was to mark a curtain in a ward I was regularly visiting with some white board marker pen, which I know washes off. This was about 3 years ago and it was still there the last time I was there in Sept last year.

In light of this maybe we are better having plasterboard walls after all, better than unlaundered curtains..................

It's not like plaster board isn't highly absorbing . I guess ut will all have to be painted. I would have thought though that some 2m taped lines on the floor would have been sufficient. Seems to work in marksies ok. 

Mum got a letter from the Govt about the injection last week. Three pages telling her to ring if she wants an appointment.

Rang up.

They're going to write to her with an appointment.

Which, I assume they'll expect her to phone up and accept.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Declan said:

Mum got a letter from the Govt about the injection last week. Three pages telling her to ring if she wants an appointment.

Rang up.

Total shambles.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Declan said:

Rang up.

Lucky she’s got a letter, lots of over 80s haven’t when others jurisdictions have moved onto next priority groups 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Declan said:

Rang up.

FFS - we are drowning in self imposed paperwork. My UK in-laws have already had both jabs. No fuss.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

This is cruel treatment of an age group that is generally susceptible to fear and uncertainty. I agree with John Wright. It's a shambles and someone needs to get it sorted. 

Suggest everyone emails their MHK to express concern about the vaccine roll out shambles, I have 

1 hour ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

still don't know why a bespoke vaccination point is being constructed, yet more money wasted. it could all be done in an open plan area like the indoor courts at the NSC, Villa (as previously mentioned or any village hall. No need for partitioning I hear it goes in the arm not the arse.

The vaccination points may as well be the top of Snaefell for some people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Out of the blue said:

FFS - we are drowning in self imposed paperwork. My UK in-laws have already had both jabs. No fuss.

Somebody will be loving it. We'll need more people to administer and deal with it all. There's potential for a whole new empire here, with the infrastucture now under construction too. Keep an eye on Jobtrain.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2