*****drugs Warning*****

FCMR

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FCMR, I do not advocate a lawless society.

Minnie, yes they are drug takers just like heroin/cocaine users..... AND alcohol/nicotine etc etc etc users. Fairly difficult to define 'normal' me thinks.

Bill.. stop exploiting my achilles heel - leave the Fun Size chocolate bars out of this!

I don't think the issue is simply about legality.

It's about social acceptance and the lifestyle you lead.

Ans, you can talk about people being losers but it depends a lot on what you are trying to escape from.

Some people lead such depressed lives with no chance of clawing their way out from poverty and crime. Drugs maybe their one way out.

Ideally, we should all have such fulfilling lives where drugs just don't fit in but this isn't the reality.

I don't think a black and white, hardline approach to drug-taking is that productive.

I'm well aware that nicotine and alcohol are drugs and can be just as harmful, but we're mainly talking illegal drugs here, and until they are made illegal there's not a lot we can do about smokers/drinkers. My "normal" comment was in relation to mo saying that people who take ecstasy are normal, everyday people who could be your neighbour, work colleague, I wasn't trying to define what's normal and what's not with regards alcohol, nicotine, heroin etc.

Some people lead such depressed lives with no chance of clawing their way out from poverty and crime. Drugs maybe their one way out.

I'm sorry but I don't see how taking drugs is a way out of a bad life. Sure some people may see it as a way of escaping but eventually all they're going to do is make their lives more depressed and miserable. "Clawing their way out from poverty and crime"............show us a rich heroin addict with a crime free life.

Or alternatively, their ticket to a downward spiral.

Indeed. Now what was it you were saying about speed limits again.....

You may have got me on that one if I had said dont have speed limits, but you have to have speed limits in the right places and for the right reasons, I said not put a speed limit of the mountain.

As someone else has said if tobaco had just been discovered, would it be legal to smoke. Vast amounts of money have been spent on research in to the side efffects of drugs, how many say yes go out and smoke weed or pop this tablet or inject this, its going to do you the world of good. If the Governments of the world thought that the taking of drugs was ok, they would of made them legal and collected a vast amount of tax, but they dont.

Word for today is, Go and shop a Druggy

I'm well aware that nicotine and alcohol are drugs and can be just as harmful, but we're mainly talking illegal drugs here, and until they are made illegal there's not a lot we can do about smokers/drinkers.  My "normal" comment was in relation to mo saying that people who take ecstasy are normal, everyday people who could be your neighbour, work colleague, I wasn't trying to define what's normal and what's not with regards alcohol, nicotine, heroin etc.

The wonderful thing about a debate is that it grows and develops and turns this way and that - and as such 'what we are talking about' has no marked boundaries, nice though that would be to be able to contain it sometimes. So, Minnie would you make nicotine and alcohol illegal too and similarly brand any people who continued to use it and go against the law in a likewise manner?

Normal? Yep, drinkers, smokers, E takers etc etc etc are all forms of normal. Goodness, if we laid out some perfect criteria in order to be able to be labelled 'normal' I don't think anyone would make the grade.

Now where did I stash those mars bars.....

If the Governments of the world thought that the taking of drugs was ok, they would of made them legal and collected a vast amount of tax, but they dont.

Word for today is, Go and shop a Druggy

In fairness, legislation is usually there for one thing - economic stability. The wheels of commerce would grind to a halt if all the working classes were off their heads on substances (or in a state of "recovery").

When you think that employers across the globe (including the island) give drugs away for free to their employees so that their productivity will increase (namely Caffeine in its various guises) you get an idea what really fuels the legality of such things.

(edited to fix quotes)

http://www.ni-cor.com/drugdeathpics.html

This child also found it cool to take E

(New thread merged with current one)

And if you scroll all the way down you can see some horror from driving under the influence of alcohol.

Shock tactics don't really do it for me.

Archived