Classic Arcade Games

kellyiom

what are the games you all think are/were the best - can be either old skool or current, just whatever and who's the best games house, like konami/williams and so on;

mine are; nemesis- konami, defender -williams, bubble bobble- ? , time pilot-atari,

Double Dragon, Street Hassle or Renegade

(Not entirely sure of the names it was all so long ago though they look right)

Loved the scolling Beat em ups were you had to use a massive variety of about 3 moves to beat hundreds of bad guys and if you picked up a weapon your character was virtually invincible

Double Dragon, Street Hassle or Renegade

(Not entirely sure of the names it was all so long ago though they look right)

Loved the scolling Beat em ups were you had to use a massive variety of about 3 moves to beat hundreds of bad guys and if you picked up a weapon your character was virtually invincible

Also Crime Fighters, a bit like Double Dragon but the bosses were movie characters (i.e Freddy Krueger, Jason from Friday 13th).

Personal favourites were Yie ar kung fu (dont know if thats the right spelling, it was a Konami offering anyway), Gauntlet and Space Harrier (dont know who did either of those. That Space Harrier machine with the big moving chair was a revelation at the time).

And for proper old timers, Astro Blaster and Galaxians.

Oh the nostalgia. :)

I've not been into an arcade for years so would be totally out of touch with anything vaguely recent.

I do fondly remember playing the good 'ole' Space Invaders, Pacman,Phoenix, Scramble, Gorph, Bubble Bobble, Mr Do, Defender & god knows how many more.

I'd say my favourites from the above would be Gorph, Phoenix, Galaxians, Defender (probably in that order).

Archived