General Thread for the election (old Electioneering starting early thread from Local News)

I go round the constituencies in my head and try to think of the top handful I'd most like to vote for and the 5 least likely - and there's far more of the latter than the former.

Top 5

Poole-wilson

Allanson

Lord-Brennan

Langan-Newton

Faragher

Worst 5

Fowler

Willers

Edge

Peters

Josem

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I really do fear for the Island’s future. In my opinion there is a serious lack of credible candidates in many of the constituencies. That has been said before of course, but it seems even worse this time. Having read the manifestos I have received in my constituency, I’m not full of enthusiasm. Here’s hoping for the least worst outcome!

• Like 1

Just now, SleepyJoe said:

We have to aspire to more

I agree with you, but aspiration and reality rarely match up. I would love to think that our elected representatives will come up with an achievable and ambitious programme for government, but I have serious reservations at to whether we will have enough competent and committed MHKs to make that happen.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Super safe. One of the people behind that youth vote thing is a proper little tory boy who thinks poor people shouldnt be allowed to breed.

Having silly ideas as a teenager is expected. My mum is a tory and look how I turned out...i won't attack their grammar, as I understand what they are meaning to put across. 

• Like 1