General Thread for the election (old Electioneering starting early thread from Local News)

9 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Simply get a list of those already on the different LA's and that'll be 98% of who will get in. The other 2% will be unopposed candidates replaacing retirees in Bride or somewhere. Overall turnout of about 20%. Scrap the lot of them. 

That’s a bit disappointing if it is the case.

I’m relatively new to the Island and would have hoped people would be a bit more to the forefront of exercising their democratic rights over here.

59 minutes ago, kangaroo jack said:

That’s a bit disappointing if it is the case.

I’m relatively new to the Island and would have hoped people would be a bit more to the forefront of exercising their democratic rights over here.

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Simply get a list of those already on the different LA's and that'll be 98% of who will get in. The other 2% will be unopposed candidates replaacing retirees in Bride or somewhere. Overall turnout of about 20%. Scrap the lot of them. 

Is there any particular reason why the Local Authority Elections have such a terrible turnout?

Any reason why they attract so few new candidates?

It seems to me that they could be a fantastic introduction to politics for aspiring national politicians.

2 minutes ago, Anyone said:

is Kangaroo Jack Australian ?  I think we should be told.

I sure am Cobber.

Australian and proud but family originally from the Isle of Man hence why I moved here.

How did you guess?

That Josem guy is not the only Aussie round these here parts.

I’ve only been here a year and trying to get my head around the baffling Manx political system is hurting my brain.

6 minutes ago, Anyone said:

What you will also find is that your standard Manx type does not like Johnny Foreighner and in particular does not like  , er non Manx , in a kind of complexion not obvious way. They don’t say it but they mean it.

Most of us just don't like dickheads.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/14/2021 at 3:45 PM, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

RM I get it my post is not about process or serving of papers or legal obligations - it’s about an MHK getting “helped out” by their campaign manager who appears to be a Government shill. Nothing more nothing less - if you want some extra marital enjoyment that’s an individual decision which requires another participant but if you’re representing a large number of people - sneaking off to get laid might not be the best idea

Edited by Fitbit