General Thread for the election (old Electioneering starting early thread from Local News)

2 minutes ago, kangaroo jack said:

Is it not the case that sometimes people are just more jingoistic rather than racist, though?

No it is racism. It’s always based on skin color , just ask black people if you know any. Not many in Oz and you did not exactly treat them that well , cobber.

11 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Yes , I would love to. Roxanne woke me up. No point in posting on an empty head, same as drinking on an empty stomach.

You're not posting cos Roxanne told you off for being a knob and having an appalling attitude towards people with some hope and heart? Haha, giving a fuck then. That's hilarious.

6 minutes ago, Anyone said:

No it is racism. It’s always based on skin color , just ask black people if you know any. Not many in Oz and you did not exactly treat them that well , cobber.

To be fair I don’t believe I have ever knowingly mistreated any black people and certainly not on the basis of their skin colour.

I will concede, however, that white Australian settlers did not treat the indigenous Aussies well at all and the injustice of that remains still to be righted and perhaps never can be.

3 minutes ago, Anyone said:

I believe you. But many white people do. Happens on a daily basis and casually. But I do believe you don’t .

To be honest. There is nowhere near enough airtime given to the need for greater focus on promoting diversity and inclusivity within society.

Dare I say it but the Isle of Man is one of the most backwards countries I have ever set foot in in terms of the racist and non inclusive attitudes I have witnessed since I have lived here.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kangaroo jack said:

To be honest. There is nowhere near enough airtime given to the need for greater focus on promoting diversity and inclusivity within society.

Dare I say it but the Isle of Man is one of the most backwards countries I have ever set foot in in terms of the racist and non inclusive attitudes I have witnessed since I have lived here.

I agree. But if you want to get elected best keep that to yourself , that is if you want to do that. If I were you I would not bother , hiding to nothing. 

5 minutes ago, kangaroo jack said:

Try listening to BBC Radio 4. Every programme seems to have an LBGQT and/or BLM theme to it, and if not there is always a twist thrown in t some point. But that's the BBC for you.

3 minutes ago, Anyone said:

I agree. But if you want to get elected best keep that to yourself , that is if you want to do that. If I were you I would not bother , hiding to nothing. 

And you don’t have to be black to fall foul of the Manx anti every one who is not Manx. When I first came here the Irish in particular were hated. 

2 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Try listening to BBC Radio 4. Every programme seems to have an LBGQT and/or BLM theme to it, and if not there is always a twist thrown in t some point. But that's the BBC for you.

I think that was Kankaroo Jacks point. But you think that’s a bad thing.

13 hours ago, Fitbit said:

***deleted***

Has it moved from gutter rumour to full blown fact now then?

Missed that development....

Edited by Rhumsaa
Original slanderous comment removed

5 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

Has it moved from gutter rumour to full blown fact now then?

Missed that development....

I would have thought that you as a currently standing Ramsey Commissioner yourself would be a little less likely than others to join in and engage in this type of unsubstantiated salacious gossip mongering.

11 minutes ago, Anyone said:

I think that was Kankaroo Jacks point. But you think that’s a bad thing.

Yeah, it's a terribly bad thing. How far do you go? Seriously, how far do you go?

Make all the whities kneel on one knee every hour on the hour and raise a clenched fist.

That'll teach 'em though. Not sure what for, but it'll teach 'em.