General Thread for the election (old Electioneering starting early thread from Local News)

Just now, kangaroo jack said:

I would have thought that you as a currently standing Ramsey Commissioner yourself would be a little less likely than others to join in and engage in this type of unsubstantiated salacious gossip mongering.

I would have thought that someone who just a few hours ago was a recent arrival struggling to grasp the man's political system wouldn't have the in depth knowledge to identify a forum poster as a lowly commissioner....

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, Barlow said:

Yeah, it's a terribly bad thing. How far do you go? Seriously, how far do you go?

Make all the whities kneel on one knee every hour on the hour and raise a clenched fist.

That'll teach 'em though. Not sure what for, but it'll teach 'em.

You are totally missing the point.

Awareness needs to be raised.

You don’t go as far as you have mentioned.

but awareness does need to be raised in order to eradicate racism from our society.

The moderators need to have a look at this entire thread as it’s got hate speech, racism, and defamation littered throughout it.

Just now, Rhumsaa said:

I would have thought that someone who just a few hours ago was a recent arrival struggling to grasp the man's political system wouldn't have the in depth knowledge to identify a forum poster as a lowly commissioner....

Just because I have only been on the island for a year doesn’t mean I don’t have a circle of friends who tell me things. Someone messaged me to tell me to be careful who I was interacting with and in the message named you specifically. I’ve checked the rules and I see I am not allowed to publicly name you, though. Just because I’m not an expert in Manx politics “yet” doesn’t mean I’m a total idiot.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kangaroo jack said:

Just because I have only been on the island for a year doesn’t mean I don’t have a circle of friends who tell me things. Someone messaged me to tell me to be careful who I was interacting with and in the message named you specifically. I’ve checked the rules and I see I am not allowed to publicly name you, though. Just because I’m not an expert in Manx politics “yet” doesn’t mean I’m a total idiot.

I'm touched by such high regard

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Max Power said:

That is the same for any skin colour, it's not the preserve of white people.

Max , it’s not as only white people can be racist as it’s based on power and white peoples have all the power ( economic and social ). But I’ll bow out now as Kangaroo Jack seems to have outed someone ( I know who you are , actually voted for you but I guess you lost for speaking too much common sense ) but I don’t think it’s fair to out someone , although I don’t have a clue who that person outed by Kangeroo Jack is. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Yeah, it's a terribly bad thing. How far do you go? Seriously, how far do you go?

Make all the whities kneel on one knee every hour on the hour and raise a clenched fist.

That'll teach 'em though. Not sure what for, but it'll teach 'em.

Then you condone it by your silence.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Hahaha what an absolute tosser. 

Jeez. I only came onto this thread as my first outing on Manx Forums because of the title in order to learn about Local Authority Elections this Spring and I’ve ended up down a rabbit hole of politicians hiding behind fake names, racism, hate speech, homophobia and scandalous rumours about locals. I’ve been accused of eating wallabies and mistreating blacks And now I’m a “Tosser” as well.

Fuck Me It’s like Fucking House of Cards! I’m wondering if I’ll ever escape with my life!

20 minutes ago, kangaroo jack said:

You are totally missing the point.

Awareness needs to be raised.

You don’t go as far as you have mentioned.

but awareness does need to be raised in order to eradicate racism from our society.

The moderators need to have a look at this entire thread as it’s got hate speech, racism, and defamation littered throughout it.

We don't read every word on here. Have you reported it?

3 minutes ago, kangaroo jack said:

Jeez. I only came onto this thread as my first outing on Manx Forums because of the title in order to learn about Local Authority Elections

Looks like you just learned a whole lot about the Isle of Man too. And yourself.

Just now, Barlow said:

Looks like you just learned a whole lot about the Isle of Man too. And yourself.

Not on here , it’s a bit of a loony bin on here. Why any aspiring politician would engage on here is beyond me. This is just a bit of fun and , sometimes , somewhere to get rid of your frustrations by having an anonymous blow out.