General Thread for the election (old Electioneering starting early thread from Local News)

2 hours ago, Fluffy123 said:

Whats wrong with using infuence to support your daughter in her election?

Nothing.  You'd have to be a bit of a weirdo not to help your own daughter if you have 30 plus years experience etc in exactly what she is setting out to do.

It's a touch silly that anyone would have an issue with it.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Nothing.  You'd have to be a bit of a weirdo not to help your own daughter if you have 30 plus years experience etc in exactly what she is setting out to do.

It's a touch silly that anyone would have an issue with it.

If Douglas were daft enough to vote for Cretney over and over again then they deserve what they get when they follow his recommendations.  Look how much he did when he was being paid for 30 years, laughable!! But Douglas will get what they deserve when the votes are cast.  A lot of noise no action.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

I wish this gobshite would do one..https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/mhk-astonished-at-lack-of-vaccine-for-spc-crew/

Has he actually ever achieved anything whilst in his seat?

Well he seems to have spent the last five years grumbling on the backbenches and occasionally going "Told yer so!", usually when he did nothing of the sort.  But it doesn't mean he's wrong this time - even though I'm not sure that he ever made a fuss about it before the UK-based worker tested positive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Boo Gay'n said:

So Cretiny now has a newspaper column!!

Will he use it to subtly big up the MLP and the daughter?

In the pantheon of ludicrous decisions and all-round piss-poor performance by the lamentable IOM ‘Newspapers’, providing a column to DC ranks as arguably the worst yet.

And there will be nothing subtle about anything appearing therein.

Edited by Uhtred
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Boo Gay'n said:

So Cretiny now has a newspaper column!!

Will he use it to subtly big up the MLP and the daughter?

It will more than likely contain big pictures for you to colour in. I can't think of anything he could say that would be of interest to anybody

• Haha 2

I don’t understand the adoration some people have for Cretney, but I know there are a lot who like him, so landing a column doesn’t surprise me. Agreeable chap maybe, but the only thing I gather from his services to the Isle of Man is that he was around a long time and didn’t upset too many folks. And since leaving he’s been lauded for doing his job... that he was paid to do... without too many f*ck ups... for a long period of time? I don’t get the fuss. 

• Haha 1

David Cretney is a very nice chap, but imo that sadly was his achilles heel in politics. Many of the outrageous Spanish practices and union demands were placed at the door of David and approved on his watch. The island is still struggling to divest itself of these today. Election 2021 needs to be as far away from the old boys as it can possibly get if the island stands any chance of emerging into the sunlit uplands. We cannot afford another five years of backward thinking and the set in stone mentality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3