General Thread for the election (old Electioneering starting early thread from Local News)

5 hours ago, Maire said:

of course I had

but not everyone has a spare 3/4K lying around (not including time taken off work if unpaid) 

that is what can put people off 

not everyone has an employer that is supportive of someone spending months of energy actively canvassing for a new job either

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rhumsaa said:

not everyone has an employer that is supportive of someone spending months of energy actively canvassing for a new job either

Most politicians keep their day job..unless they make minister.  Or were not really employable before,  an extra 20k a year or in some case 30k a year  makes 4K look like a good investment. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

Most politicians keep their day job..unless they make minister.  Or were not really employable before,  an extra 20k a year or in some case 30k a year  makes 4K look like a good investment. 

I'm not talking about the finances of the "investment" I'm pointing out that by standing for election you're basically telling your current employer you're looking to stop working for them after September which if you don't get elected.... a tad awks

a potential reason why a lot of people who stand have businesses or are self employed or don't have a conventional job to leave.... Lawrie Hooper is the last one I can easily think of who had to juggle a 9-5 job that needs to plan for life after September whilst not advertising a job

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Remember Mr Corrie and Mr Josem were having a photo opportunity love in about Josem working for Corrie at the Co-op?

Didn't last long. 

As you said at the time, it was only done for the publicity, It looks like Mr Corrie saw through his caring/kindness for the community bullshit,

6 hours ago, John Wright said:

Remember Mr Corrie and Mr Josem were having a photo opportunity love in about Josem working for Corrie at the Co-op?

Didn't last long. 

1CA274EA-0632-4A3B-83AF-82E0AA779543.jpeg

D2814CD6-3FB5-436D-BF38-084277E6042B.jpeg

post deleted on FB?