General Thread for the election (old Electioneering starting early thread from Local News)

1 hour ago, Declan said:

You can stand in any seat you like. It's up to the voters to decide that living three miles away means you aren't up for the job.

40 minutes ago, 2112 said:

In all honesty many of the Douglas experts live in Braddan. 

Or Crosby. Robertshaw lives along from Howard.

He seems to treat Douglas East and its constituents like the midden at the bottom of the garden (actually an apt description). Except election time when he sees the clusters of flats and the disparate residents as his ticket for a 5 year self-obsessed ego trip. 

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aura said:

I met him recently and I couldn't get over how much he genuinely cares about this island and the people here... It was quite refreshing. He has my vote :)

I don't doubt you.

Cracking first post btw.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Fluffy123 said:

HM R-Sole has announced for the general - running for Castletown. 

Well of course he is. And in future please use the full title of the constituency which is Castletown, Arbory, Malew, Silverdale, Ballakeighan, Pooil Vaaish, Kentraugh, Scarlett, Balladoole, Grenaby, Ballakilpherick, Duck Street, that rather nice bungalow where the friendly Airedale lives, those garages with the lobster pots outside, Mrs. Craine’s shop and the old Tholtan where Duggie gave that Scottish girl one after Decca’s birthday barbecue. Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6