General Thread for the election (old Electioneering starting early thread from Local News)

4 hours ago, Fluffy123 said:

He came 9th. Out of 10. Just ahead of the guy who had to leave the island and self isolate with about 50 votes... 

I do hope that Mr Sole stands again. The look of extreme disappointment on his face the last time should have been captured for posterity it must have popped his NLP loop for a few days and required some serious reprogramming on his part. Perhaps he could do a double bill with Courtney Heading this time round? Like Jim Carey and Jeff Daniels ... Crazy and Crazier. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CowMan said:

I do hope that Mr Sole stands again...Perhaps he could do a double bill with Courtney Heading this time round?

Well, IOM Today did report that Mr Heading was associated with His Majesty's plan "to design and build a £1bn ’egg kingdom’ off the Manx coast." An online CV purporting to be from His Majesty also touts their relationship.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Josem said:

Well, IOM Today did report that Mr Heading was associated with His Majesty's plan "to design and build a £1bn ’egg kingdom’ off the Manx coast." An online CV purporting to be from His Majesty also touts their relationship.

Thanks for that link. It’s impressive. If I were you I’d keep it and then every-time someone on here suggests that you’re completely delusional I’d post a link to that complete work of fantasy up in defense! 

34 minutes ago, Josem said:

Heading was the previous guest on Ged's Skeetnet TV, so I'm not sure it's a information service or care in the community.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Heading was the previous guest on Ged's Skeetnet TV, so I'm not sure it's a information service or care in the community.

I found it quite interesting. Heading speaks fast and a lot anyway so could only up the speed to 1.25, but I made it through. 

If you can handle it and without necessarily agreeing, one needs to know another side of an argument.

Edited by Barlow

32 minutes ago, Barlow said:

I found it quite interesting. Heading speaks fast and a lot anyway so could only up the speed to 1.25, but I made it through. 

If you can handle it and without necessarily agreeing, one needs to know another side of an argument.

under penalty of perjury of course

• Like 2

On 3/4/2021 at 6:40 PM, Roger Mexico said:

I've never seen a man speak for 20 minutes non-stop without drawing breath. That's the medical miracle he should be promoting!

10 minutes ago, pongo said:

It's like a sort Room 101 of IOM Twitter blowhards. I'm never voting for anyone who has ever been on that.

I wouldn't normally bother with it, it's normally Josem and Flint so it's hardly going to be interesting and especially not funny, just two men I'm likely to fundamentally disagree with on everything.

But it is good that someone is doing something like that so good on Mr Power for that at least.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1