General Thread for the election (old Electioneering starting early thread from Local News)

13 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

So, the rationale appears to be, get into bed with a party in Scotland which is "abhorrent", because "England make rubber bullets and poor people". I'm not sure Keeran is really cut out for politics.

image.png.9dcf35927a7434297149b43d0aa53ed6.png

Is that it? He'e looking for cheap energy?

8 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well this is one English persons vote he can kiss goodbye to. 

He’s a complete tit but his campaign is going to be funny to watch. I’m not sure Howard Quayle’s hardcore farming and methodist voters, or Shimmins finance sector crowd, will be lining up to vote for a self publicizing pothead. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Roboto said:

He’s a complete tit but his campaign is going to be funny to watch. I’m not sure Howard Quayle’s hardcore farming and methodist voters, or Shimmins finance sector crowd, will be lining up to vote for a self publicizing pothead. 

Well initially I was quite taken with his interview in his car with Moulton.

I don’t have a problem with a discussion on the benefits of, or legalization of cannabis.

But he does come across as a very naive with this Scottish business and the damning of England. 

Perhaps when he’s grown up a bit he may be electable. But I think his campaign will be cringeworthy rather than funny. I don’t like to see people make fools of themselves.

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well initially I was quite taken with his interview in his car with Moulton.

I don’t have a problem with a discussion on the benefits of, or legalization of cannabis.

But he does come across as a very naive with this Scottish business and the damning of England. 

Perhaps when he’s grown up a bit he may be electable. But I think his campaign will be cringeworthy rather than funny. I don’t like to see people make fools of themselves.

Naive and dumb surely a shoe in!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well this is one English persons vote he can kiss goodbye to. 

That's terrible news.  I'm sure he sees people who agree with everything the current government does as being his key demographic.

3 hours ago, Mr Roboto said:

Oh I don't know.  Something's got to explain why people voted for those two.  Ingesting shedloads of drugs is as good a reason as any.

Actually the whole thing is clearly a cunning piece of psychological warfare.  He's clearly planting the idea in English nationalist voters' minds that the Scottish Shimmins isn't to be trusted.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Oh I don't know.  Something's got to explain why people voted for those two.  Ingesting shedloads of drugs is as good a reason as any.

I’m not so sure, Middle is quite posh now with all the new estates that have gone up. I’m not sure a man who looks like he lives in a hedge and who advocates decrimilisaion of cannabis is the natural candidate in such a middle class and agricultural sheading to be honest. Even Paul Crane was deemed a little bit too progressive with his forecasts last time. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, english zloty said:

Obviously Time magazine declined the offer to serialise ‘Moron’s Blog’ so he still needs his Keys income.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

Is that a joke, Callister is absolutely hopeless & follows government line at every opportunity. He’s worse than Quirky 

His first move was in the vote for Chief Minister he voted for Cannan on seeing the tide changing he quickly changed his vote to Quayle.

During the last five years neither of the Onchan MHKs have worked together for Onchan or the Nation.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Whatnonsence said:

His first move was in the vote for Chief Minister he voted for Cannan on seeing the tide changing he quickly changed his vote to Quayle.

During the last five years neither of the Onchan MHKs have worked together for Onchan or the Nation.

So he’s basically responsible for 5 years of Quayle & his cronies, boot, Cregeen, Harmer & Skelly!!

Edited by Banker