General Thread for the election (old Electioneering starting early thread from Local News)

It's difficult to know why there is this sudden flood of announcements.  I suspect it's because they've suddenly realised that the new election rules mean that all spending has to be included from 12 months before the election date, rather from when you declare.  So delaying announcing you will be standing again doesn't mean you can spend more.  And also one probably triggers another because people start asking "Are you standing as well?".

33 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The entirely trustworthy and not at all creepy sitting Douglas north MHK Ralph Peake has declared.

must be a Douglas North thing

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

And also one probably triggers another because people start asking "Are you standing as well?".

I'd imagine that's quite a strong factor

22 hours ago, Banker said:

Scotland would be bankrupt within a few years of independence without Westminster bailing them out. UK have already said in any independence they can’t use £ as currency and either a euro or their own currency will quickly cause every thing very expensive.

I don't know about that - you can get more fried Mars Bars to the £pound than euros currently...

image.png.bffbc293f0ec5666b7ef9c8c3af07d12.png

image.png.8456fbb19d061dc89db593390287c427.png

30 minutes ago, Fluffy123 said:

I’m confused with the whole Sarah Maltby approach - basically saying call my dad if you want anything? 

link please

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fluffy123 said:

There’s been a few posts where she talked about her dad and what he’s done and to contact him or her - this is the latest a ok her FB page 

40547EB7-5CC6-4764-88DF-122E43AF0A47.jpeg

so David is helping her with her campaign and if you want to help them in that (I presume by putting leaflets in envelopes etc) you can contact her or her father

which is really really different from what you had inferred

you said "call my dad if you want anything" and she said "get in touch with myself or David Cretney if [you] wish to support my campaign in anyway[sic]"

that's a bit rude and taking some liberties on your part with the truth

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Banker said:

Is that a joke, Callister is absolutely hopeless & follows government line at every opportunity. He’s worse than Quirky 

He will walk back in. No doubt about it.

He does the fluffy unimportant shite well.  Voters like that.

I'm not endorsing him by the way.  Far from it.  You have to remember one of the alternatives could be Julie Edge.

25 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

so David is helping her with her campaign and if you want to help them in that (I presume by putting leaflets in envelopes etc) you can contact her or her father

which is really really different from what you had inferred

you said "call my dad if you want anything" and she said "get in touch with myself or David Cretney if [you] wish to support my campaign in anyway[sic]"

that's a bit rude and taking some liberties on your part with the truth

No surprise there.

Good luck to her.  She should leverage her Dad's help and assistance for sure.