General Thread for the election (old Electioneering starting early thread from Local News)

4 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

You have to remember one of the alternatives could be Julie Edge.

I'd have no problem with JE getting back in. At least she is prepared to argue her point, asks the difficult relevant questions  and challenge on behalf of constituents.

(Did anyone else notice in HoK today the most unusual frequent use of the word "constituents" by several of the speakers. Its as if some of them are suddenly realising why they are there and who put them there.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

so David is helping her with her campaign and if you want to help them in that (I presume by putting leaflets in envelopes etc) you can contact her or her father

which is really really different from what you had inferred

you said "call my dad if you want anything" and she said "get in touch with myself or David Cretney if [you] wish to support my campaign in anyway[sic]"

that's a bit rude and taking some liberties on your part with the truth

It’s a pity Ms. Maltby doesn’t know the difference between ‘anyway’ and ‘any way’. 

48 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

It’s a pity Ms. Maltby doesn’t know the difference between ‘anyway’ and ‘any way’. 

Predictive text on a phone can make a fool of us anal

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, Fluffy123 said:

There’s been a few posts where she talked about her dad and what he’s done and to contact him or her - this is the latest a ok her FB page 

40547EB7-5CC6-4764-88DF-122E43AF0A47.jpeg

So her Dad's her campaign manager and if you'd like to help you can contact him? Sinister!

• Like 3

Sadly I can't take Sarah Maltby seriously because she keeps banging on about her dad. I'm sure that many will vote for her because she is "the daughter of..." but not me. Just re-read that opening look at how successful my dad was paragraph and then try and convince yourself that it is a candidate standing on their own merits.

2 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

Sadly I can't take Sarah Maltby seriously because she keeps banging on about her dad. I'm sure that many will vote for her because she is "the daughter of..." but not me. Just re-read that opening look at how successful my dad was paragraph and then try and convince yourself that it is a candidate standing on their own merits.

I’m struggling to remember any of his successes, what were they? 

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

I’m struggling to remember any of his successes, what were they? 

Just re-election and signed pop group posters I believe.

Furthermore if people go back to page 5 of this thread and read particularly paragraphs 8 and 10 of her post. In that post she states she wants to step out of the shadows etc. However, several months on and evidenced by the FB post above we can see that it is still all about her dad.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

Furthermore if people go back to page 5 of this thread and read particularly paragraphs 8 and 10 of her post. In that post she states she wants to step out of the shadows etc. However, several months on and evidenced by the FB post above we can see that it is still all about her dad.

Exactly my point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

To be fair, if you look at her 'political' Facebook, although the latest post is about Cretney, most aren't.  I actually think she'd be wise to mention him as little as possible, given the MLP dwindled away under him to practically nothing[1].  But family is family.

[1]  I remember a comment fairly recently that the MLP was on its way and had doubled its membership - to 35!  It had been a small Cretters fan club and nothing else and has only really come back to life.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Is there anywhere that would store the manifestos of those who ran/were elected in 2016? would be interested to read what they planned to do and actually did do in their term.

https://iomelections.com/2016/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2