General Thread for the election (old Electioneering starting early thread from Local News)

12 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Howard doing a media piece this week which I suspect confirms he's not standing.

Heard a rumour Peter Karran was to stand again.  Whilst I assume this isn't true, if he does then the slim chance Julie Edge had of getting back in will turn to absolutely no chance.

Someone down pub said Cregeen wasn’t standing, hoping for Legco next time . Personally I think Julie Edge does a good job holding ministers to account when many others like Perkins say nothing 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It's a no from me unfortunately.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1030347830728481&id=100012598212512

Would love to see some decent candidates and actually wouldn't mind giving it a go myself but circumstances don't allow at the moment.

Maybe next time when hopefully my business is running itself and I don't need the income.

We supply government though and need that work and I would be bothered about conflict of interest even if just accusations of such.  Unfortunately the size of the island means this applies to lots of people although I note several got round it (Mr Peake?)

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2021 at 6:45 PM, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Heard a rumour Peter Karran was to stand again.  Whilst I assume this isn't true, if he does then the slim chance Julie Edge had of getting back in will turn to absolutely no chance.

Peter Karran is a southerner these days. 

• Like 1