General Thread for the election (old Electioneering starting early thread from Local News)

41 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

er, sorry, don't understand.

Think her mum and dad were Douglas Town Councillors and each Mayor in their own right. ( Bill & Glenda Corkish ). The only other quiet politician by name of Corkish that I can think of  is Geoff, but think that whilst dad was Bill his mum wasn’t a Glenda.

Who knows?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Think her mum and dad were Douglas Town Councillors and each Mayor in their own right. ( Bill & Glenda Corkish ). The only other quiet politician by name of Corkish that I can think of  is Geoff, but think that whilst dad was Bill his mum wasn’t a Glenda.

Who knows?

Roxanne meant Perkins was Corlett's brother in silence.

In his last manifesto, my current MHK said that one of his priorities would be to ensure that rural areas would receive a decent level of broadband service. The current delivery schedule for fibre broadband connectivity stretches to 2024 and you can check when fibre service is predicted for your area. As I live in a rural area in this MHK's constituency I checked my postcode. Apparently, I will get a fibre cable connection in, you guessed it, 2024. Well done Tim. 

Last election you did not knock on my door looking for a vote. Please don't waste time doing so this time; you will not be getting my vote, but, if it is any consolation, nobody else will either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, joebean said:

In his last manifesto, my current MHK said that one of his priorities would be to ensure that rural areas would receive a decent level of broadband service. The current delivery schedule for fibre broadband connectivity stretches to 2024 and you can check when fibre service is predicted for your area. As I live in a rural area in this MHK's constituency I checked my postcode. Apparently, I will get a fibre cable connection in, you guessed it, 2024. Well done Tim. 

Last election you did not knock on my door looking for a vote. Please don't waste time doing so this time; you will not be getting my vote, but, if it is any consolation, nobody else will either. 

a zero sum game for sure

6 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

Almost anyone is more visible than Mr Perkins. IMO

Except for Ann Corlett.

Edited to add. Beaten to it by Roxanne. Sorry.

Edited by Uhtred
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Roxanne said:

She’s also very quiet. 

In fairness she isn't much into grandstanding.   Whereas some seem to excel in wasting time tabling stupid questions or unimportant questions, she tends to take matters up privately.  Find out the answer.  Let her constituent know.

I suppose that will be to her detriment though.

• Like 2

Any candidate who stands with a manifesto that asserts anything other than their broad vision, and their values, is a fraud. The rest are vapid promises, as there is no power or mandate other than the Chief Ministers. 

Interesting HQ has declared he isn’t standing. Why is that? Has he genuinely had enough, in his early fifties? Or does he know just what a precarious point the Island has reached? We’ve had five years of spaff -profligate spending with little control, and the next administration will have to get a grip. 

But then again, I thought much the same in 2016.