General Thread for the election (old Electioneering starting early thread from Local News)

4 minutes ago, asitis said:

We need a CM and indeed politicians who are truly "men (inc ladies a figure of speech) of the people" who can identify with the problems faced by the ordinary man in the street, rather than in their own millionaire status far removed from the concerns of the common man !

359744-1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Banker said:

Howard is supporting Skelly & I expect most of Comin to as well so could be close, Callister won’t get Comin, expect peake if re-elected 

That’s no surprise given that Watterson has spent 5 years pointing out the manifest failings of CoMin jointly and individually. The truth hurts so they’ll look for payback by scuppering his Presidential ambitions. He still looks favourite however.

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

If Watterson is after the president position what is the point of voting for him?

in the General Election?

President is elected in July so they don't stand at the GE

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

That’s no surprise given that Watterson has spent 5 years pointing out the manifest failings of CoMin jointly and individually. The truth hurts so they’ll look for payback by scuppering his Presidential ambitions. He still looks favourite however.

If Watterson gets it there will be a full sweep of change in Rushen - interesting changes afoot down South and you'd think Kemp and Scampi should be eyeing up the opportunity after 2016

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rhumsaa said:

If Watterson gets it there will be a full sweep of change in Rushen - interesting changes afoot down South and you'd think Kemp and Scampi should be eyeing up the opportunity after 2016

On twitter the other day Douglas councillor Devon Watson had got into yet another spat with this forums biggest cunt which culminated in him claiming the sultan was Scampi. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

I reckon Kemp will stand and get in. He's been fairly active throughout covid and I think would comfortably have enough support.

Not heard a peep out of Scampi so would guess he's not in the running this time. 

Haywood is a weird one. She seems to have positioned herself quite well over the last few years but the Manxonia stuff doesn't look good for her. 

Hoping for a few more candidates in the next couple of weeks. Comedy ones especially appreciated.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

On twitter the other day Douglas councillor Devon Watson had got into yet another spat with this forums biggest cunt which culminated in him claiming the sultan was Scampi. 

There's too many candidates there for me to work out who you mean

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chef Raekwon said:

I reckon Kemp will stand and get in. He's been fairly active throughout covid and I think would comfortably have enough support.

Mark is a bit marmite but I've always liked him and to his credit he has been consistently active on social media for the past 5 years about politics not just resurfacing as we get into the final stages before a GE

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rhumsaa said:

Mark is a bit marmite but I've always liked him and to his credit he has been consistently active on social media for the past 5 years about politics not just resurfacing as we get into the final stages before a GE

I prefer his brother, Martin. 

• Haha 4