General Thread for the election (old Electioneering starting early thread from Local News)

2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Reading the puff piece about quayle in the paper today you'd think he had dedicated his life to politics and had some remarkable achievements. 

Indeed. And such is the way of the world that neither could be further from the truth.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Reading the puff piece about quayle in the paper today you'd think he had dedicated his life to politics and had some remarkable achievements. 

Puff piece and accompanying press releases to the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece were paid for the Great Manx Public. Teams of Spin  Doctors would have spent ages pouring over the right words and tone of the piece, making sure it made him look statemanslike and presidential. I’m sure someone will be selling Howard Quayle retirement mugs soon. Some are certainly mugs.

Most of the MHKs not standing have made their own press release, even Laurence Skelly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2112 said:

Puff piece and accompanying press releases to the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece were paid for the Great Manx Public. Teams of Spin  Doctors would have spent ages pouring over the right words and tone of the piece, making sure it made him look statemanslike and presidential. I’m sure someone will be selling Howard Quayle retirement mugs soon. Some are certainly mugs.

Most of the MHKs not standing have made their own press release, even Laurence Skelly. 

That's utter horse shit.

Manx Radio were well pissed off.  They were a long way down the pecking order hence the very fiesty interview.

31 minutes ago, 2112 said:

You couldn't resist watching though I'm sure.:w00t:

18 minutes ago, asitis said:

I've no idea who she is or what she stands for, however two things go in her favour    1. she is not the old boys club and   2. She is not Phil Gawne . So good luck.

Any sign of Gawne chancing his arm?