General Thread for the election (old Electioneering starting early thread from Local News)

9 hours ago, Will Halsall said:

Watterson (your only ever 6’ away from a Watterson or a longtail in PE) IMO has done sweet FA for Rushen, or the island, other than pontificate about how hard working, loyal and all knowledgeable he feels he is. Sadly, too many constituents buy the bollocks of his mantra and continue to put an ‘X’ next to his name. His family background surnames on both sides have been very helpful for him in both Port’s I would suggest.

I didn't vote for him. But had I known voting for him would mean he'd spend the next five years in fancy dress and making the occasional sideswipe at the COMIN Party I would have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Declan said:

He's just another "Independent" that will join the COMIN Party on 24th September.

Hoping we get a Labour or Green Candidate down here.

Why wish for a candidate from  party that will achieve nothing?  What if they were an awful candidate but stood for one if those? Would that trump a much better independent candidate?

I don't get it

6 hours ago, Gladys said:

Yes, HQ will back the loyal candidate from Comin - Skelly.  Jesus Christ, the sprinkles on the top of a knickerbocker legacy of crap.

Quayle unconsciously - as he is in most things - damning himself utterly in a single sentence.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, trmpton said:

Manx radio are pants 

Moulton is pants. 

But pray tell, what good  qualities did josh show because I can't think of any decent questions at all?

There weren’t supposed to be decent questions; simply compliant ones.

6 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

It's a ceremonial role. The president imparts a sense of refinement and finesse to the whole proceedings. There doesn't have to be any substance to it. Steve rodan was a once in a generation natural for the role. 

Oh you mean a waste of taxpayers money ! agreed.

8 hours ago, Declan said:

I didn't vote for him. But had I known voting for him would mean he'd spend the next five years in fancy dress and making the occasional sideswipe at the COMIN Party I would have.

He obviously likes to dress up and ponce about like a latter-day Little Lord Fauntleroy. He also seems to like wearing DPM.

Concerning...

• Haha 1