TT 2022 ??

Barlow

The Steam Packet are advertising they will change bookings for fans to accommodate date changes which is great I wonder if the accommodation sector will be able to do the same.    It is a bit late in the day to mess about with dates when fans usually book a year in advance and holiday leave is also an issue.

• Like 1

If I were a hotelier or publican  or running  a food outlet I would be baying for Robs blood , shortening the  event might seem reasonable  to curtail the government gravy train and all the unjustified overtime , but  people here visiting will get bored  with nothing to do , if the look at the most successful periods of the races ,they stretched them over 3 weekends  and the fans were suitably entertained by vintage rallies  Manx 2 day motorcycle trials , Enduro races post TT on the southern course   etc , all carefully programmed to keep people here, and spending money  , I doubt  weather the Steam packed has the ability  to get everyone back home in a couple of days , 

just what is happening to road racing on the isle of man ? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I like the bit where RC says it and the TT "could" sustain up to 815 jobs.

Either it does or it doesn't, "coulds, mights, shoulds and hopefullys" are all DfE-speak for wishful.

I thought that Rob Callister might or could be made a Minister in Alfs Cabinet. Some would say he should, and others hopefully not. 

7 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

I thought the TT and MGP made the island money?

Why does it say cutting the length will save taxpayers money?

It don’t think it will, many of experts say that it will create less bed nights and less income being spent in the local economy and the local night time economy as they are spending less time. 

• Like 1

The TT and the MGP now seem to exist just to keep a department of CS bods in employment, nothing more.

Josem -- Worth a FOI question regarding how much money is paid to "TT Stars" for "Start Money"  To ride in these events.

From what I am led to believe, on very good authority, an ex multi event winner no less,  it is an eye wateringly large sum of money to these plebs who wish to kill themselves, at our expense.

As an aside, I am really glad that the September 2 Day Trial people told them to do one when they wanted that event too. That is a well attended and organised event and it does not cost the island a penny.

(Having said that I am hearing stories of the local Gov enviromentalists trying to stop bikes riding in rivers?.......................)

Thank god for the IOM SPCO

it means THERE IS A BOAT IN THE MORNING. 

THANK FUCK FOR THAT......................

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boris Johnson said:

The TT and the MGP now seem to exist just to keep a department of CS bods in employment, nothing more.

Josem -- Worth a FOI question regarding how much money is paid to "TT Stars" for "Start Money"  To ride in these events.

From what I am led to believe, on very good authority, an ex multi event winner no less,  it is an eye wateringly large sum of money to these plebs who wish to kill themselves, at our expense.

As an aside, I am really glad that the September 2 Day Trial people told them to do one when they wanted that event too. That is a well attended and organised event and it does not cost the island a penny.

(Having said that I am hearing stories of the local Gov enviromentalists trying to stop bikes riding in rivers?.......................)

Thank god for the IOM SPCO

it means THERE IS A BOAT IN THE MORNING. 

THANK FUCK FOR THAT......................

What you said doesn’t surprise me. Remember the mess DfE made of the Jurby Day. If anything is successful, IOMG wants to take control, create rules and red tape then takeover the event, as it’s own. Let’s face it, nobody has created an event to replace Jurby Day, the main motorcycle groups can’t be bothered.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Holte End said:

Are Pool Competitions to become the new TT and MGP.

Nov 5th- 7th 2021, https://ipapool.com/2021-tour-4-isle-of-man-draws-results2/

Jan 21st - 23th 2022.https://cuescore.com/tournament/Open+Tour+Grand+Final+Group+A/11916961

The head of tourism is a competitor game 159.

https://cuescore.com/tournament/Amateur+Tour+Grand+Final/11916889

Yes lots of bed nights for the Palace Hotel, but not a great contributor to the islands tourism sector. It seems some sectors benefits at the expense of others. 

Rob Callister is to the TT and Motorsports as David Cretney is to broken biscuits. 

Edited by 2112
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1