TT 2022 ??

Barlow

So the widening of the access road and other improvements to improve travel when the roads are closed have been kicked in the long grass.   When people say it is only for four weeks of the year they forget the six/ seven week period when the mountain road repairs are ongoing .   Why have they not started doing that now the weather is not too bad leaving it all until March is chancy I have known March to be the worst month of weather of the winter and if it is there is not much maneuverability left.  Perhaps those in power know there is no rush……there are some very strange vibes regarding the TT and the buzz word hopefully springs to mind.

6 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Manx Radio reporting home stay registrations down 50%.

I heard that homestay hosts are apparently not allowed to insist on double-vaccinated guests only.  So many have said they're not going to do it.

I'd have thought that if it's your own home you can insist on whatever conditions you like (protected characteristics aside)?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

So the widening of the access road and other improvements to improve travel when the roads are closed have been kicked in the long grass.   When people say it is only for four weeks of the year they forget the six/ seven week period when the mountain road repairs are ongoing .   Why have they not started doing that now the weather is not too bad leaving it all until March is chancy I have known March to be the worst month of weather of the winter and if it is there is not much maneuverability left.  Perhaps those in power know there is no rush……there are some very strange vibes regarding the TT and the buzz word hopefully springs to mind.

Its just my opinion, but there are better things to spend money on that bridges and underpasses. We manage fine with TT. Just adapt and accept. Get a bike.

• Sad 1

On 1/22/2022 at 10:14 AM, paswt said:

Fair comment , after over 10 years of marshalling (on the mountain, practice and race days) I'm considering "giving it a swerve" .

I agree that some of those in charge would benefit from marshalling on the course ,eg  on the scaffolding (without any shelter) at "Casey's Advanced"  (bring your own ladder) in the rain mist and cold until , on one occasion  after 11.00 pm.

The EGM to liquidate  TTMA ltd and create a new TTMA ltd states under the heading "What does this mean in practice":-

"the new company and it's members will be ratified by the Department to ensure continuity and certainty replacing the previous position where wider membership restricted the company's ability to achieve its objectives and influence the strategic direction with no long-term continuity, direction or leadership guaranteed due to the existing structure and company articles."

"The EGM will be held at Keyll Darree Nobles Hospital Strang, Bradden on the 9th February 2022 at 7 pm".

I wouldn't miss it for all the world and expect it to exceed my wildest expectations.

Firstly, the above is yet another example of CS type gobbledegook.

Secondly, why can't they change the articles to suit their requirements, that's easily done. Not sure what they refer to when they say "existing structure". If that's an internal issue then that can be changed too? Or is it a case that the race organisers (ACU) have no say in how the association is currently organised and managed? If that's the case then they are pinning a lot of hope on the current army of volunteers transferring their allegiance.  

Rob Callister - I'm sure a lot of people would be interested to know why the corporate entity needs to change.

Edited by Andy Onchan

2 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

The homestay rules and regulations are onerous according to posts on Facebook which has put people who used to do it off.

Several complaining that tax free element needs increased from £1800 as you get taxed on full amount if you say earn£1801, Rob Callister has promised to look into matters 

4 minutes ago, Banky said:

Wouldn't need homestay, if it wasn't for hotels being made in elite apartments..! 

Hotels being converted as there’s no demand for outdated, crappy hotels anymore & the costs on updating are prohibitive with not enough demand outside TT/MGP & maybe summer months 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, manxlass said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/chief-sector-marshal-removed-from-post-after-critical-comments/

So no back up from the marshalling association. Another reason not to bother signing on.

I heard an interesting tale, whether it’s true is another story. With the new TTMarshall Association being planned, plans are afoot to import Marshalls to the island for the festival. It will be a way for DfE to control people and clamp down on criticism.

Another story I’ve heard, is Manx Radio aren’t broadcasting the Racing this year. I am assuming it’s going to be subscription/prepay commentary via an app? Anyone else hear anything?

Edited by 2112