TT 2022 ??

Barlow

14 hours ago, Omobono said:

nd finally lots of fans stuck on the Isle of Man from the Monday  of MGP week  with nothing to watch  mainly because they have booked the ferry 2 years ago in good faith  ,and the steam packet couldn't get them

Well they can see the island, go on train, trams etc, it’s not as if they’re stuck in an airport or ferry waiting room!

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I have heard there are other issues that will come to light shortly and this is born out by comments from Marshalls on FB.   This is not over by a long chalk and if Thompson and the new regime think it will blow over they are so wrong.

Go on then, do tell 🙂

• Confused 1

It does seem to be a splendid Government backed mess.

No scoreboard, No timekeepers hut, reduced racing numbers, pissed off marshals, reduced visitor numbers. abysmal roads, lack of Homestay, and a Clerk of the Course that doesn't seem fit for office.

Personal Opinion - I hope it doesn't happen - however if it does what quality of racing is there likely to be ? - Harrison and Hickman aside there aren't any other likely winners - (don't let nostalgia for the Dunlop name or local bias for coffee selling Ramsey boy cloud your judgement) and as good as John McGuinness was been he's not been competitive for years and will be 50 by the time of the races - the games up.........

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Personal Opinion - Harrison and Hickman aside there aren't any other likely winners - (don't let nostalgia for the Dunlop name or local bias for coffee selling Ramsey boy cloud your judgement) and as good as John McGuinness was been he's not been competitive for years and will be 50 by the time of the races - the games up.........

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

It does seem to be a splendid Government backed mess.

however if it does what quality of racing is there likely to be ? - Harrison and Hickman aside there aren't any other likely winners - (don't let nostalgia for the Dunlop name or local bias for coffee selling Ramsey boy cloud your judgement) and as good as John McGuinness was been he's not been competitive for years and will be 50 by the time of the races - the games up.........

How many likely winners were there in the 1967 senior, or the 1992 one? Both celebrated as two of the best ever.

Whatever threats there are to the future of the TT (and they'll be overstated as they have been for well over 100 years) the quality of the racing is not one of them.

23 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

Which is another way of saying the TT/ MGP days are numbered.

Not many Clypse course or New Gerrard enthusiasts still come to the TT but it doesn't seem to have done it much harm. What I believe Max meant is that the enthusiasts will either changed or be replaced. 

The TT has been the epitome of progression for well over a century, that's the one thing that certainly won't change in its future.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I have heard there are other issues that will come to light shortly and this is born out by comments from Marshalls on FB.   This is not over by a long chalk and if Thompson and the new regime think it will blow over they are so wrong.

Something tells me the proposed IOMTT Marshals change of entity might be to do with corporate insurance risk as a result of the Mercer incident. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Something tells me the proposed IOMTT Marshals change of entity might be to do with corporate insurance risk as a result of the Mercer incident. 

I've heard that hypothesis , one could be forgiven for thinking that, given that the existing TTMA is being wound up with perhaps indecent haste.

I do not know who has a right to vote at the EGM on 9th Feb ( 7,30 pm)@ Keyll  Darree  Nobles hospital ( life members or all marshals?)

There is a paucity of information in relation to the assets and liabilities of the company , I would have thought that the latest Annual return would have been provided.

I wound up a couple of my own companies and had to provide up to date Annual Returns etc etc and wonder if it is an absolute requirement.

There is an "assurance" that the directors (not identified) have sworn a "Declaration of Solvency", and it is hinted that if there is anything left after the liquidators fees are paid that will be distributed amongst the members >

However , as I understand it if the declaration falls short then  in law ,a 'Life Member ' may be obliged to pay a  sum towards the winding up costs.

It is  proposed that Christopher Paul Shimmin of Shimmin Wilson and Co be appointed as liquidator.

The only information in relation to the new TTMA confirms that the company and it's members will be ratified by the Department (DfE) and the ACU will 'deliver', and stipulate that  all marshals will sign up to the ACU code           ( referred to by the CoC in his press statement).

Just saying:flowers:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, paswt said:

I've heard that hypothesis , one could be forgiven for thinking that, given that the existing TTMA is being wound up with perhaps indecent haste.

I do not know who has a right to vote at the EGM on 9th Feb ( 7,30 pm)@ Keyll  Darree  Nobles hospital ( life members or all marshals?)

There is a paucity of information in relation to the assets and liabilities of the company , I would have thought that the latest Annual return would have been provided.

I wound up a couple of my own companies and had to provide up to date Annual Returns etc etc and wonder if it is an absolute requirement.

There is an "assurance" that the directors (not identified) have sworn a "Declaration of Solvency", and it is hinted that if there is anything left after the liquidators fees are paid that will be distributed amongst the members >

However , as I understand it if the declaration falls short then  in law ,a 'Life Member ' may be obliged to pay a  sum towards the winding up costs.

It is  proposed that Christopher Paul Shimmin of Shimmin Wilson and Co be appointed as liquidator.

The only information in relation to the new TTMA confirms that the company and it's members will be ratified by the Department (DfE) and the ACU will 'deliver', and stipulate that  all marshals will sign up to the ACU code           ( referred to by the CoC in his press statement).

Just saying:flowers:

It will be interesting to see how the new entity is constituted and who's pulling the strings legally. I'd imagine that if there's any management control by DfE then it would require Tynwald approval in some way.

Edited by Andy Onchan
  • Like 1