TT 2022 ??

Barlow

1 hour ago, TomTucker said:

Link: https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/concerns-marshal-confidence-affected-by-recent-events/

Shot of confidence needed says the marshal lady, from where and from whom?

What a mess they have made already.

My guess - come April they'll realise how bad it is and start recruiting from the UK, offering travel, expenses, accommodation and close the course for a few days in May for training.

1 hour ago, GD4ELI said:

My guess - come April they'll realise how bad it is and start recruiting from the UK, offering travel, expenses, accommodation and close the course for a few days in May for training.

I don’t think it will significantly effect marshal numbers. Everyone is excited for TT but it damages moral and put the marshals in their place. 

New overlords at the TTMA now have their work cut out keeping the current set of marshals happy and making numbers  harder to maintain. 

• Like 1

How much is this prison malarkey going to cost ? According to MR at lunchtime it is going to have all sorts including housekeeping 🥺 for those who want to be near the paddock but do not want to sleep in tents.   These people have previously been accommodated in Motorhomes which serves the purpose.    Where is this money coming from.🥵.

eep

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

They should be offering travel, expenses etc anyway plus a daily allowances to local marshals, 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, littlebushy said:

Just done a quick back of fag packet calculation...that's a boost of 3.7 billion to the local economy. #Skellyenomics

Does that calculation include the 'free' PR? I don't think it does.... you'd better think of another number and add it to the 3.7 billion. 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, littlebushy said:

Just done a quick back of fag packet calculation...that's a boost of 3.7 billion to the local economy. #Skellyenomics

I'll throw together a needlessly complicated questionnaire to get their feedback.  I should be able to claim some fees from the Govt as a Travel Information Tipster

I'm guessing I probably won't need a 'prefer not to say' section under the Sex section.

• Haha 1

I would have hoped that Rob Collister might have given us an update on the current situation by now, after all he has always been well to the fore especially when it is positive news to report.

57 minutes ago, Cypman said:

I would have hoped that Rob Collister might have given us an update on the current situation by now, after all he has always been well to the fore especially when it is positive news to report.

Yes come on Rob , give us an update and let us know what your plan B is when you find out there is a major shortage of marshals and officials ,listening to the good Doctor the other day he said he had rejected the plans for the replacement  scoreboard  saying it was not good enough , I read that as,    forget it for this,  and possibly next year  unless of course he chooses to share the plans and costings with us ? 

• Like 1

There is one reason alone that the TT continued after the deaths of David Jefferies and the Marshall/s? on the mountain.

It got a big CS dept to "improve it"

It is why it will keep going after there is no interest.

FFS Even the good Dr from Ramsey was quoted today as saying

"the cancellation of the last two TT festivals due to the Covid pandemic had "understandably" led to less interest"

No shit sherlock!

Why oh why cant our lot see that distancing the , quite pretty IOM from bikers would mean round the year tourism?

Bikers these days are not cool and associated only with Illegal Gangs due to the interwebs.

As I have said many times before, being a biker is no longer "Cool" It marks you as either a weirdo into Leather S&M or a Gang member or even worse, German

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Haha 1